BishowvijayaP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Haribodhani or Thuli Ekadashi || A religious ceremony in Budhanilakantha Temple, Kathmandu, Nepal

Happiness!

😉😊😋😎😍

Yeah! We all need happiness.

The happiness becomes alive when it embeds with culture.

worshipping ritualworshipping ritual

Happy moments repeat here every year along with worshipping, singing, dancing and enchanting. You can see happy faces all around. And this is another happy day with the celebration of 'Thuli Ekadashi' or ‘Haribodhani Ekadashi’; the greatest of all Ekadashis throughout the year. It is celebrated 4 days earlier than full moon day of month of Kartik throughout the country. This video is taken in Budhanilkantha Temple area, Kathmandu.

For happy people there is always a time for celebrationFor happy people there is always a time for celebrationselling milk productsselling milk productspreparing Toranpreparing Toranno more artificial lightening, it's natural (using mustard oil)no more artificial lightening, it's natural (using mustard oil)

In Ekadashi day people don't eat foods and only take fruit items or milk products. Most of the people visit the temple with fasting.

ॐ विष्णवे  नम:ॐ विष्णवे नम:

You see these blissful elders singing and dancing very actively on the ground of Budhanilkantha temple enchanting the song of lord 'Narayana' aka 'Krishna'. No matter how much physical properties we have but happiness remains alive in our heart.

enchanting and dancingenchanting and dancing

Women. Oh! They are even happier. How do they gain efficient energy despite of empty stomach during Ekadashi day, god knows. The rituals performed in different places are unique for different citizens also.

happy femaleshappy females

I am sure you are happy seeing this. And I am happy to be a Google local guide.

4.1.JPG

Thank you.

Note: Nepali calendar has approximately 30 days in each month (maximum 32 & minimum 28 days). In each 15 days interval Ekadashi happens. Counting from Ekadashi day the fool moon day or new moon day happen 5 days later. In Ekadashi people; mostly female don't eat food products and only take fruit or milk products. This is been practice since from human civilization. This way religion is maintaining the dietary pattern of people as fruits give stomach a bit rest from its day to day functioning and provide additional nutrients. In contrary nowadays in some regions people use to eat foods like corn etc. It's not mandatory to follow such dietary pattern, religion says. It also suggests not to maintain such dietary pattern for kids, elders, diseased people or any person with any difficulties. One must feel comfortable while doing rituals.

taking Tika and Blessings from Brahmintaking Tika and Blessings from Brahmin

people from India on businesspeople from India on business

[The main statue of lord Narayan is not included here as it was restricted to take photo on statue's periphery. You can check the statue from here.]

Budhanilkantha Temple, Budhanilkantha, Nepal
27 comments
Level 10

Re: Haribodhani or Thuli Ekadashi || A religious ceremony in Budhanilakantha Temple, Kathmandu, Nepa

You present a very beautiful history @BishowvijayaP Thanks a lot! because of nice story sharing with us.

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Level 10

Re: Haribodhani or Thuli Ekadashi || A religious ceremony in Budhanilakantha Temple, Kathmandu, Nepa

I am very happy getting your feedback @OmarBD. 🙂

Thank you so much.

Connect Moderator

Wow very interesting festival and pictures bro @BishowvijayaP 

Local guides connect is the best platform to know more about different cultural activities around world. Internet provide us more information but local guides connect is something different platform to know real facts and real story. Again I'm a fan of your writing style. 👌👌👌

Thanks for sharing with us.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Its my pleasure to share real facts and stories with you @NareshDarji. 🙂

As you like it I will keep exploring the things around me. Thank you so much for your valuable feedback.

You may like this post @AkmalB@NarenChandra, @SalmaanN @TraciC @HelloSamsonR @Kamalhasnainee @ErmesT @Jnjoe

Level 10

Hello brother, @BishowvijayaP its calledthee in India thuli ekadashi.great writing man. Worth reading.

Connect Moderator

Of course I love your post @BishowvijayaP,

It is a really beautiful event, and contain an important word: "happiness"

Happiness is something that shoud play an important role in the life a people, and a culture that is embedding the happiness in, deserve the respect of all the planet.

Thanks a lot for sharing, as usual, beautiful and important post.

Ermes

A technical note: being in "travel and advice" board, you would be nice if could you include in your post some extra information:

Where (a link to Google Maps)

When (4 days earlier than full moon day of month of Kartik is not easy to translate)

How to reach the event (if possible)

Level 10

Hi @BishowvijayaP

You show us a beautiful page from Hindu history and healthy festival. The peoples are looking so energetic and happy, no doubt that fruits and dairy products are much better than cooked food with spices. 

You took beautiful photos and shot nice video.Thanks for the information and every single details. 

Level 8

@BishowvijayaP Very interesting story and Thuli Ekadashi, A religious ceremony in Budhanilakantha Temple, Kathmandu, Nepal bringing happiness and now bringing happiness to Connect, happiness is something we can all appreciate here bro thanks for sharing @BishowvijayaP

kind regards @DavidTito @NareshDarji @NarenChandra @ShafiulB check it out

Level 8