TsekoV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: wine tasting in California, a trip to Cyprus, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of the best posts they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, wine tasting in California, a trip to Cyprus, and more.

@KatyaL: “Wine Tasting Adventure in California” written by @KarenVChin is a great post to check out this week. She took a trip to Iron Horse Vineyards in Sebastopol, California to do a wine tasting with fellow Connect Moderator @ErmesT. Being a wine lover myself, it was very interesting for me to learn more about the vineyard and the sparkling wines they make there. @KarenVChin included helpful information about what makes this vineyard special, included both her and @ErmesT’s reviews on Maps, and even shared a video of their experience. The photos she included are beautifully shot and show how much fun they had drinking wine, taking in the scenery, and enjoying each other’s company. For me, this is the aim of every trip—to make you feel happy! That’s why I featured this post as one of the best this week.

Caption: A photo of Local Guides @ermest and @KarenVChin clinking glasses outdoors at Iron Horse Vineyards in Sebastopol, California. (Local Guide @KarenVChin)Caption: A photo of Local Guides @ermest and @KarenVChin clinking glasses outdoors at Iron Horse Vineyards in Sebastopol, California. (Local Guide @KarenVChin)@AngieYC: Indonesia is a country that has more than 17,000 islands and @MAliMaftuh recently shared info about one of the hidden gems. I had no idea about this island until I read his post, “Pulau Lampu Gorontalo.” His description and photos of the crystal clear water make me want to visit the island right away and dive in! He also provided great tips for first-time visitors.

@TsekoV: A post that caught my attention this week was @Shirley’s “A day in the mountains with a 360 Camera.” Her post brought readers to North America’s biggest ski resort, Whistler. The mesmerizing mountain views you can experience there are impressive. I also enjoyed learning more about @Shirley’s process using a 360 camera and seeing her great skills using it.

Caption: A photo of the Chantara Waterfall in Foini, Cyprus. (Local Guide @Andréas_S_Eriksson)Caption: A photo of the Chantara Waterfall in Foini, Cyprus. (Local Guide @Andréas_S_Eriksson)@InaS: While I was browsing on Connect a glimpse of the photo of an airplane immediately caught my eye. “First trip in 15 years; one week in Cyprus” shared by @Andréas_S_Eriksson made me want to take the first flight to Cyprus. In the post, @Andréas_S_Eriksson gives highlights from the visit including a trip to Chantara Waterfall, eating halloumi, and exploring ancient ruins left on the island.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

23 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: wine tasting in California, a trip to Cyprus, and more

There's frequently a glass of wine, @KatyaL, in the friendship between @KarenVChin and myself.

While I am writing this, I am moving back with the memory to that moment and, well, frequently sounds strange. Do you know how many times we meet, in our whole life? Two. Only two. LGSummit17 and Connect Live '18. Can you believe it? I can't. I cannot believe to the real, physical fact that we only meet twice. Because we meet online every day of the year. That's why, after Connect Live 18, instead to move away, I decided to spend a week on the bay, giving in this way to both of us some more time for staying together. Another year is long to pass...

Thank you @TsekoV for this post.

I love @Shirley's post, so fully immersive. I want to watch the video with the cardboard. Well done, Shirley

I agree, @InaS, how not to be captured by @Andréas_S_Eriksson's post.

I was missing @MAliMaftuh's post. Yes, so beautiful. Thank you for sharing @AngieYC.

Well, is night in California now, while I start my working day. Good night Karen, good morning to everyone

Hey @ErmesT,

A glass of wine is always a good idea and it's even tastier when you share it with your friends and family! I hope you guys have fun on Connect until your next meeting! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Connect Moderator

Well, you are right @LucioV

Let say 11 half glasses, as you can see in the post 😉 (one for every month that we missed each other)

@LucioV hehe, of course, the first glass of wine is for a starter and then you can try as much as you want or as much as you can take 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Google Vendor

It is a post you cannot miss @ErmesT. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did reading it. 

I had an adventure with wine tasting in Melnik, which is a famous city in Bulgaria for wine. My favorite one was raspberry wine.

Connect Moderator

I “hear” my name being mentioned @ermest - LOL. I would agree we have only met twice IRL, in total less than 2 weeks of time, but it feels like we have known each other much longer in life

- thanks to the Local Guides Program and Google technology.

You make it sound we drink a lot together, which I guess it is true because as I was going through my photo feed I do see there is usually a glass of red or sparkling wine / Prosecco in our hands or near us. LOL

Sharing Argentina wine - Malbec - among friends Local Guides style. Photo credit: @KarenVChinSharing Argentina wine - Malbec - among friends Local Guides style. Photo credit: @KarenVChin

Eating my first Argentinian meal with Argentina Local Guide & Connect Moderator @faridmonti & @ermestEating my first Argentinian meal with Argentina Local Guide & Connect Moderator @faridmonti & @ErmesT

It is wonderful to share the same passions - great food, great wine, and great conversations - all at the same time, even better - Wouldn’t you agree @FaridTDF??

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

Nice post @ErmesT wine tasting in vineyards , thank you @TsekoV sharing with us...

Level 5

Come to Turkey pleasss 🇹🇷