LilyanaZ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: a waterfall in Bangladesh, a trip to Istanbul, and more

Every Friday, Google Moderators highlight the best posts they found to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. These are posts detailing past experiences that we hope will serve as entertainment and inspiration for your future bucket list. This week, a waterfall in Bangladesh, a trip to Istanbul, and more.

Caption: A photo of the Khoiyachora Waterfall surrounded by green trees and cascading down rocks over some people at its foot. (Local Guide @ShafuilB)Caption: A photo of the Khoiyachora Waterfall surrounded by green trees and cascading down rocks over some people at its foot. (Local Guide @ShafuilB)

@LilyanaZ: Тhe post that captivated me this week was ”A journey to the Sitakunda - Khoiyachora Waterfalls.” In it, @ShafiulB takes us on a slippery hike to the Khoiyachora Waterfalls in Bangladesh through a mesmerizing jungle and over canals until we arrive at the majestic water cascade. As the trees in my country slowly put on their leafless winter attire, the greenery that Shafiul shows us through his photos and the refreshing view of the waterfall got me yearning for the same experience.

Caption: A collage of six photos taken inside the Royal Selangor Visitor Center in Kuala Lumpur, showing different areas, all wheelchair-accessible. (Local Guide @StephenAbraham)Caption: A collage of six photos taken inside the Royal Selangor Visitor Center in Kuala Lumpur, showing different areas, all wheelchair-accessible. (Local Guide @StephenAbraham)

@KlaudiyaG: Last week, @StephenAbraham visited the Royal Selangor Visitor Center in Kuala Lumpur. He liked the experience so much that he decided to take the whole community on a virtual tour in his post “Royal Selangor Center - One of the best free places to visit Kuala Lumpur, with wheelchair access!.” What makes this place such a great spot for visitors are not only the unique pewter items on displays, the demonstrations, and the free entrance but also the fact that it is entirely accessible for wheelchair users. To find out more about Stephen’s visit and the center itself, make sure to check his post.

Caption: A photo of wavy rock formations at the White Pocket within the Vermilion Cliffs National Monument in AZ, USA. (Local Guide @GearHead)Caption: A photo of wavy rock formations at the White Pocket within the Vermilion Cliffs National Monument in AZ, USA. (Local Guide @GearHead)

@AngieYC: The post “White Pocket, Vermilion Cliffs National Monument AZ, October 2019” by @GearHead caught my eye this week. In it, he shares some fascinating photos that capture the mystical beauty of White Pocket, an area within the Vermilion Cliffs National Monument in Arizona, USA. I also enjoyed reading about his experience there and felt like I was part of this journey myself.

Caption: A photo of the Istanbul cityscape after sunset as seen from the Galata Tower. (Local Guide @StephenLammens)Caption: A photo of the Istanbul cityscape after sunset as seen from the Galata Tower. (Local Guide @StephenLammens)

@DeniGu: The Local Guide who gave us “A complete guide to Madeira” recently shared another wonderful compilation: “A complete guide to Istanbul: Getting around, things to do, where to eat.” @Stphn tells us about his 14-day trip to Istanbul, during which he garnered a lot of curious and helpful information that he shared with us on Connect. I love how he’s added some insider details, like getting an Istanbul card to use on every means of public transportation and looking for the street vendor around Galata Bridge who makes some of the best fish wraps. For these and more tips, head to Stephen’s post and don’t miss his Google Maps list.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
20 comments
Level 10

Re: Friday Favorites: a waterfall in Bangladesh, a trip to Istanbul, and more

Thank you so much @LilyanaZ for featuring me again, it is a true honor! 🤗

Congrats to the others who got featured! @ShafiulB @StephenAbraham @GearHead 

Level 7

Dear @LilyanaZ  thanks for share this post with us. Al photos are outstanding . Thanks everyone .

And @ShafiulB brother , you make us proud.

Feeling proud , we are Bangladeshi. 

@LilyanaZ  If you have free time you can view my Last post , its all about Christmas , i hope you like it

Take love from Bangladesh.

Connect Moderator

Congratulations @Stphn @ShafiulB @StephenAbraham 👍

It is delightful to once again see the amazing photos, thankfully shortlisted as The Best of the Best by @LilyanaZ 

Level 9

Thanks for the wonderful post with wonderful pictures @LilyanaZ .....

Its a wonderful thing that @ShafiulB  brother  have featured the picture of  Khoiyachora Waterfalls  . Proud of you. 

Shakil Akhter Khan,Motorbiker, LG from Dhaka
Who Am I-

Profile & Post Information

Connect Moderator

@LilyanaZ Thanks a lot for featuring my post on this weekly Friday favorite topic. I am so pleased to see this and it is really inspiring! 

My trip to Khoiyachora Waterfall was apart of Spam free photo Walk by @Mohammadalauddin

Thanks, everyone for wishing me and tagging me here, @Stphn @Tushar_Suradkar @sweetnovember99 @ShakilAK and others.

Also congratulations to @StephenAbraham @GearHead and @Stphn for their awesome posts and featuring here. 

Happy Guiding!

Level 10

Level 8

Thanks @LilyanaZ  for your post.

Awesome @ShafiulB  brother you did a great work on your post and encouraging us to have "Khoiyachora Waterfall" in our bucket list. Wish will visit once in my life at least. 

Again Congratulations 🎉 brother Shafiul and Everyone who is featured.

Level 10

@LilyanaZ Thanks for sharing my post. It is truly a great place for all visitors to visit, for free, the Royal Selangor Visitor center. Fully accessible.

Connect Moderator

Congratulations @StephenAbraham  @ShafiulB @Stphn 

Thanks @LilyanaZ for sharing this best collection with us. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.