MortenSI's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: a beach clean-up, camping in Tierra del Fuego, and more

Every Friday, Google Moderators highlight the best posts they found during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, a beach clean-up, camping in Tierra del Fuego, and more.

Caption: A collage of photos showing the Crow Island Beach Park in Sri Lanka before and after a clean-up, a football team playing on the sand, a Local Guides Clean The World card, and the logo of the Sri Lanka Local Guides. (Local Guide @ravindus)Caption: A collage of photos showing the Crow Island Beach Park in Sri Lanka before and after a clean-up, a football team playing on the sand, a Local Guides Clean The World card, and the logo of the Sri Lanka Local Guides. (Local Guide @ravindus)

@MortenSI: It’s no secret that I’m a big fan of clean-ups, so when I saw the post “[RECAP] Sri Lanka Independence Day Beach Cleanup” by @ravindus, it lit up my day. @ravindus and his trusted team of Sri Lanka Local Guides made it their mission to clean the Crow Island Beach Park from the waste that has accumulated over the years. Even though the area was vast, they stayed focused, worked hard, and even inspired a local football team to join them. Reading this post filled me with motivation to keep the world clean of waste. If you want to feel inspired too, check it out here.

Caption: A photo of the entrance to Chocolate Ville in Thailand, showing a green metal arch with a “welcome” sign, and a beautiful ornamental tower and model houses in the background. (Local Guide @GoldenPapa)Caption: A photo of the entrance to Chocolate Ville in Thailand, showing a green metal arch with a “welcome” sign, and a beautiful ornamental tower and model houses in the background. (Local Guide @GoldenPapa)@MoniV: This week, I was impressed by the amazing photos that @GoldenPapa shared in his post, “European Town - CHOCOLATE VILLE in Thailand Bangkok.” In it, he included some useful information about Chocolate Ville, an outdoor European-style restaurant with a park in Bangkok, Thailand. It looked like @GoldenPapa had a lot of fun and got to try delicious meals. I recommend you read this post if you want to enjoy his stunning photos and maybe add a new place to your to-visit list. I’ll be waiting for his future adventures.

Caption: A photo of a rainbow-colored sign that reads “Rio” in front of the Museum of Tomorrow in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. (Local Guide @AlexandreCampbell)Caption: A photo of a rainbow-colored sign that reads “Rio” in front of the Museum of Tomorrow in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. (Local Guide @AlexandreCampbell)

@InaS: Have you ever thought about what you can do to help the planet? This week, thanks to @AlexandreCampbell’s comprehensive post, “How many planets would be necessary if everyone consumed like you?,” I learned a lot about Rio de Janeiro’s Museum of Tomorrow. He wrote about what you can discover there and how much it cost, and shared what he’s doing to reduce his ecological footprint. 

Caption: A photo of the Cambaceres River with a mountain range visible in the background. (Local Guide @Avraham_Jurado)Caption: A photo of the Cambaceres River with a mountain range visible in the background. (Local Guide @Avraham_Jurado)@Giu_DiB: My pick this week is the post “#ExperienciaArgentina - Asado en Rio Cambaceres - Dia1” by Local Guide @Avraham_Jurado. The post is part of the collective challenge #ExperienciaArgentina, organized by the Argentinian Local Guides to show the love they have for their country.  If you like to spend time in the wild like I do, make a fire, and camp around it, you will enjoy Avraham's post. He takes us to the fascinating, far south in Tierra del Fuego, the Land of Fire, beauty, and myth.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

25 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: a beach clean-up, camping in Tierra del Fuego, and more

@MortenSI These are all great selection. Celebrating Internation Mother Language Day in Bangladesh. 

We celebrate this day with every ages....We celebrate this day with every ages....

Tributes to the Language martyrs...Tributes to the Language martyrs...

Keep inspiring! Happy Guiding! 

Level 8

🤩WoW🤩 @MortenSI & @MoniV , many thanks for the pleasant surprise.it's an honor to be featured in the weekly post. I'm going into the weekend with a happy hear😊🙏.  Really glad to hear that the post provides motivation. My dear local guide partner @kasunaaa  is also equally behind the success of this meetup. (He is the one with the garbage bag in the photo you shared)

Your kind words are encouraging us to do more such meetups.

Congratulations @GoldenPapa  @AlexandreCampbell and @Avraham_Jurado for featuring in the "Friday Favourites".

Cheers..!!!

Level 8

Show! Parabéns, @AlexandreCampbell ! Brasil! 👏🏻🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷😄😄😄😁

Digite @ antes do nome de usuário para me mencionar/marcar para que eu possa responder mais rapidamente.

Francisco Assunção #LocalGuidesBrasil
Brasil!
Links úteis | Contribuições | Sobre mim

Connect Moderator

What a great choice for this Friday, @MortenSI 

I loved the Beach Clean-up bay @ravindus in Sri Lanka, and @AlexandreCampbell post about the the Museum of Tomorrow, while I am reading now the posts by @Avraham_Jurado (I like your Choripan) and the incredible CHOCOLATE VILLE by @GoldenPapa 

Congratulations to everyone

Level 8

Hi @MortenSI ,

It is my honor that my topic selected as Friday favorites!😍

I will further contribute high quality post in coming future, please look forward 😁😁

My Contribution | My Instagram with Favorited Photo (@goldenpapa)

IT Support Engineer at Singapore and from Malaysia | A Local Guide who Speak with English, Mandarin, Hokkien, Bahasa Malaysia
Former Google Contributor

All my pleasure @ravindus and a lot of credit to both you and @kasunaaa. I hope you will host more cleanups in the future. It was great to see how dedicated you all were.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @MortenSI This is really great work! ♥️🤝 Thank you very much for lots of article sharing with us. 

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Level 10

Que linda sorpresa me has dado amigo @Giu_DiB al seleccionar mi publicación para ser destacada 😊 

Me alegra saber que muchas mas personas sabrán hacer de mi provincia y sus hermosos paisajes 😍

Y también tendrán hambre al ver las fotos del asado hehe

Controlando que el asado este marchando correctamente :)Controlando que el asado este marchando correctamente 🙂

Level 10

Leí las publicaciones mencionadas y son muy buenas! 

Felicidades  @GoldenPapa    @AlexandreCampbell   y  @ravindus   por aparecer en los "Viernes de favoritos".

Muchas gracias @ErmesT por tus amables palabras! Espero que algún día compartas un choripan con la comunidad Argentina 😋