StephenAbraham's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Find your local place with the highest photo upload in Maps

Since a few days ago (if I am not mistaken), Google Maps both in desktop/mobile and app, have started showing the total photo contributions in each location by users. This used to be shown as 200+ for all locations that have higher than 200 photos.

This is a great feature to see which locations are popular with visitors, and where they share and upload lots of photos to Google Maps.

With this new feature, it will be really interesting for ourselves to search through Maps to find places that we feel have the highest photo contribution by users, ie, important and popular landmarks.

[Screenshot below] I wasn't trying very hard, but the one place I could find that has a lot of photo uploads in Maps in Malaysia is Suria KLCC (possibly the highest count in Malaysia at 151,035+), which is the shopping mall at the base of the Petronas Twin Towers, once the tallest buildings in the world. 

Suria KLCC Map's Location: https://goo.gl/maps/dH68Nqn44gK2

Search for popular places in your local state or country, and find the highest photo uploaded location, which could mean, possibly one of the most popular or visited places there. And share them in reply with some notes/introduction about the location.

Screenshot_20190208-170856_Maps (1).jpg

Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
11 comments
Level 10

Re: Find your local place with the highest photo upload in Maps

That's interesting. I wonder if they let you scroll through all 100,000 photos. 

Follow Instagram & Twitter @jhender. SG updates at #singaporelocalguides. YouTube Fun with Maps
Level 10

@JulienH don't know, this might need a lot of RAM on the phone or PC, I suppose it needs to load up to memory. 

Find out for Singapore.. would be interesting to know. 

Level 8

@StephenAbraham ,

For India, it should be Taj Mahal I suppose. It's part of the 7 wonders of the world!

Taj Mahal, one of the 7 wonders of the world!Taj Mahal, one of the 7 wonders of the world!

Level 10

@raghavsood could really be.. it has over 926,221 photo uploads, that's close to 1 million.

Taj Mahal Maps location: https://goo.gl/maps/GsZWauDiXs92

taj.jpg

Level 9

Not my local but I found it @StephenAbraham ,

🙂

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

@deepakjhic  Amazing. That's even higher than the Coliseum in Rome which has 976,116+ photo contributions as shared by Lucio.

(https://goo.gl/maps/pNFby1HwXdR2)

colliseu.png

Level 10

@Julien44 Looks like the Louvre has over 1 million photo uploads in Maps. Thanks to @deepakjhic for sharing.

https://goo.gl/maps/mTGparnWb7N2

Level 10

Hi @StephenAbraham ,

That's amazing, isn't?

Despite my searchs, I am not able to find a place with highest photo upload than the Louvre ;-(

Google Moderator

Wow, those are some serious numbers, @StephenAbraham!

I've searched through the many popular places and attractions in Bulgaria, but so far I haven't found anything more popular than the Rila Monastery.

Caption: A screenshot of a part of Google Maps, showing the location of the Rila Monastery in Bulgaria. (Local Guide @DeniGu)Caption: A screenshot of a part of Google Maps, showing the location of the Rila Monastery in Bulgaria. (Local Guide @DeniGu)There are close to 25,000 photos uploaded to the location of this grand orthodox monastery. It's hidden away in Rila mountain, but it's easily accessible--if you don't mind the curves on the road--and it's visited by hundreds, if not thousands of locals and tourists per year. 

Caption: A screenshot of the 'Overview' tab on Google Maps for the Rila monastery, Bulgaria, showing 24840+ photos added to this location, and a rating of 4.8 stars. (Local Guide @DeniGu)Caption: A screenshot of the 'Overview' tab on Google Maps for the Rila monastery, Bulgaria, showing 24840+ photos added to this location, and a rating of 4.8 stars. (Local Guide @DeniGu)You can check out the beautiful frescoes on the outside and inside walls of the church by following the Google Maps link.

P.S. I'm not surprised that the shopping mall at the Petronas Twin Towers got one of the highest photo upload rates in Malaysia. The towers are just amazing!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!