ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Finally a bit of help - Are you aware of your review status?

Finally a bit of help, so thanks Google Maps

EDIT: I discovered now that this apply only to review written in France.

Well, it doesn't really change the meaning of the post, but I would like to ask Google to extend this worldwide. I know it can be a disappointing message, but at least we are informed, and this is much better than discovering this on a later stage.

END EDIT

Even if this message is not telling us what to do next, at least it is telling that there is something we can do.

I've received this message for the first time a few minutes ago, so I want to share it to you. I don't know yet if it is already available for everyone, or if it is just tolling out.

Now you don't need anymore to compare your public and private profile to discover what reviews are hidden. You only need to scroll down your reviews in the App. Also in this way everyone will be immediately aware of the Hidden reviews

Caption: a screenshot of the message in Google Maps App showing the Hidden reviewsCaption: a screenshot of the message in Google Maps App showing the Hidden reviews

So, what to do next?

This basically depends of the content of the reviews.

• The first thing to do is try to fix them, following the steps indicated in Fix a review that was removed: "If a review you wrote has been removed, you may be able to fix it yourself. Edit your review to follow Google review policies — for example, you might remove a phone number or URL from the review."

However, as "Google uses machine learning algorithms to remove reviews that are probably policy-violating, and sometimes  legitimate reviews are inadvertently removed", if editing your review doesn't work, you can

• "use this Google Form to share your profile with us and let us know which contributions don't appear on Maps" as indicated in the solution of this post. It may take up to three weeks to check the account, and everything that is not against the rules will be released

Have you already seen this message?

38 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Finally a bit of help - Are you aware of your review status?

Still waiting, @ErmesT.

Cheers 

Morten 

Level 10

Ynt: Finally a bit of help - Are you aware of your review status?

Wow thats great.. i am wait🙏🏻👊🏻 @ErmesT 

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT 

Am 3rd on the waiting list. We appreciate the developments and innovation.

I would guess it's still at the rolling out stage,not yet open to the public.

Anyways am shying away from reviews for now. My reviews automatically goes private since I changed country and I have 46 hidden reviews !!! I have filled the form and patiently waiting for the profile check.

Thanks for this information.

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 8

Well, that's great.

But AI still doesn't tell why the review is rejected.

Screenshot_20221209-185920.png

Connect Moderator

Looks like I misunderstood the message I received, @MortenCopenhagen , @Gezendunyali , @SholaIB , so I edited my post: 

I discovered now that this apply only to review written in France.

Well, it doesn't really change the meaning of the post, but I would like to ask Google to extend this worldwide. I know it can be a disappointing message, but at least we are informed, and this is much better than discovering this on a later stage.

We will never know exactly "why" our review is hidden, @Sigycop , (it would be like to give the keys of Maps to the spammer, and I can ensure you that spammers exist, and a lot of spam is removed by the algorithm) but at least this information can move us to start for a revision of the account to fix the issue.

The steps are always the same, already mentioned to you and also in my post here

Connect Moderator

Makes sense. @ErmesT.

I sincerely hope Google will improve the spam filter significantly prior to rolling out the new feature beyond France. Otherwise we will drown in frustrated poste from many more LGs. 

Cheers 

Morten 

Level 8

my travel reviews to France are rejected, (why?)

Good afternoon, what is happening to me in recent days has never occurred to me, after my recent trip to Disneyland Paris, I am trying to leave my reviews of the places I visited and almost all of them show me the message of unpublished reviews for not complying with the rules, I'm a local guide 7 and I'm about to go up to 8, I don't understand anything, if someone could help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Connect Moderator

Hehe @MortenCopenhagen , in fact when I saw that message on my account this is exactly what I was thinking about. So what I did was to write this post as fast as I could, to provide a container where to merge the wave of post that I was expecting to come 😂😂😂

However I think that being informed is definitely better than discovering the issue, days, weeks or even months later 

Connect Moderator

Re: my travel reviews to France are rejected, (why?)

Hello @diexpo , "Welcome to Connect! If this is your first visit, you’ve come to the right place. This post will serve as a guide for everything you need to know about contributing content and engaging with the Local Guides community on Connect" . This is the first of the information that you will find in "Your guide to Connect" , the introductory Guide of the community. In there you will find all the necessary information to know how to better contribute in here.

I can share the same experience that you have, and I can fully understand that the new message that is popping up over your reviews written in France is discomforting. This seems to be a kind of test running for users that are writing reviews in Francophone countries, informing them about the hidden reviews. At first it was by email, but now you can see them also on the list of your reviews.

Well, as I said it happen also to me, but I would like to at least to keep the positive aspect of this: we are informed by the app, we don't have to discover it weeks or months later, so we can take action. Of course we will never know why the reviews are hidden, but we will have the opportunity to try to have them fixed. You can find the steps for having your reviews back in the post I wrote a few hours ago about this topic: Finally a bit of help - Are you aware of your review status? . To keep Connect organised I am merging your post in there, so we can have the information about this new feature in the same place

Do you have a doubt about how to do something? The Help desk is here for you,with a long list of post with detailed indications on how to post.

Which kind of contents we share in the community? What are Connect topics? will give you an explanation