GhazalaShah's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Do you receive a notification after sending feedback on Google Maps?

Hi @ErmesT whenever I have any questions or issues specially regarding Google maps, I send message via feedback. But since there is no response to that message I don't understand what happened to the message sent by me. On connect I can't ask any fellow community member because all the options for writing a post are for sharing narrative posts not asking solutions to problems. And in help desk section I could not find the answer. I have some issues regarding photos on maps. Many of my photos are held back & not shown in the posted material. Ok there maybe issue of duplication or substandard photo quality etc. But recently I saw a photo posted by me was shown to be posted by another famous local guide <REMOVED>. After my feedback this photo now appears with my name. Today I visited (on maps) a Go fuel station (petrol pump) on Maymar Avenue Karachi added to maps by me with beautiful photos of it. I also wrote a review. But today I saw neither any photos nor any reviews. Working on maps is painstaking and our work is taken down with out ever informing or warning us. At least we can be told why things are removed so that we can avoid repeating the same thing in future. Also there is a need of a warning system to prevent posting duplicates. Ermest apologies for writing this here..let me know which place (along with feedback option) can I post this so that the answer can be visible to other local guides too.

3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Google Moderator
Solution

Re: Do you receive a notification after sending feedback on Google Maps?

Hello @GhazalaShah ,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please be advised that photos that do not adhere to Maps User Contributed Content Policy will be made private and are only visible to you - view counts for these reviews do not count towards the total review view counts.

Feel free to check this post Why is my edit status “Pending” or “Not Applied”? It will clear why some edits do not come through successfully or immediately.

And last but not least, look at the following ideas: Algorithm to prevent duplicate photo/video content as well as Potential improvements for the Google feedback system and Feedback tracking system and see if you could add something else.

To learn more about the Idea Exchange, you can read this article How do I use the Idea Exchange?

P.S. Please be advised that I relabeled your post to How-tos as it fits better there and the personal information from your post was removed. We do not encourage Local Guides to share private information publicly on Connect in order to protect yours and other users' privacy and safety.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Re: Feeling of sun - How do you capture your sunset?

Hi @GhazalaShah 

The appropriate place for reporting your issues is "how to"

I am sorry in reading the issues that you are experiencing.

I am tagging @MoniDi  for moving your reply in the appropriate place

Level 10

Re: Feeling of sun - How do you capture your sunset?

Many thanks Ermest 😊

Google Moderator
Solution

Re: Do you receive a notification after sending feedback on Google Maps?

Hello @GhazalaShah ,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please be advised that photos that do not adhere to Maps User Contributed Content Policy will be made private and are only visible to you - view counts for these reviews do not count towards the total review view counts.

Feel free to check this post Why is my edit status “Pending” or “Not Applied”? It will clear why some edits do not come through successfully or immediately.

And last but not least, look at the following ideas: Algorithm to prevent duplicate photo/video content as well as Potential improvements for the Google feedback system and Feedback tracking system and see if you could add something else.

To learn more about the Idea Exchange, you can read this article How do I use the Idea Exchange?

P.S. Please be advised that I relabeled your post to How-tos as it fits better there and the personal information from your post was removed. We do not encourage Local Guides to share private information publicly on Connect in order to protect yours and other users' privacy and safety.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!