Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

I like this work.

I am in 6th level, i want to reach level 10,

But, my  phone is broken, 

Can i get a phone from google as perks,

If they give a phone, i will reach 10th level in 2 weaks, i will help them alot, there are so manu missing places in my town.

Hope you understand.

Level 8

Re: Payment To Local Guides

Hi @davidcox,

This is the correct interpretation of the figures.

The numbers meant to indicate how many of Connect registered LGs are holding a particular Level Badge.

For example, for a Level 2 LG,  will hold both Badges.  Thus the counts are repeated.

We have 50M+ LGs Worldwide at the moment.

Level 8

@LandSlider,

You can talk about why you need money rewards to continue contributions to Maps.

But once you take money from whoever might be offering them, then your violated the Local Guides Program Rules, such that your membership can be suspended.

If you want to argue that Google should pay LGs money, you have to convince Google what is the benefits for Google, not for us Local Guides.

I never read a good reason for Google to do so, so far. 

I hope you can be successful in convincing Google doing it.

Level 8

Yup, if asked doesnt Google benefit for free, then Yes. No one can say no. 

But Why do people Volunteer in general. In many case some corporate company or Gov body benefits. (Like in India, when we Volunteer to clean streets, its because civic bodies aren't doing their job and now they are getting job done without making any effort as people rally behind our central Gov initiative to hv clean India) 

Volunteering in a hospital or school that's owned by a corporation is also akin to the scenario you mentioned of Google getting more benefits than the contributor 

So its just basic Volunteer motivations that apply here too. They see Maps as a platform to help in a way they can 

Yea Perks from Google  are always welcome 

Level 7

Hey @LandSlider,
The Local Guide is a volunteer program which one enlists for to contribute content on Maps. As their policy states, nobody will get paid for contributing that content.
But, maybe in your terms, we can expect a few perks for it.
Article
The above article by @aashishvanand tells how we can expect perks, but not get paid for it.
Best,
Avinash Vijay

How about stock options or payment as with Google ads? Information and photos provided, are time, ad-promo and critiques.

Level 5
Level 5

Level 8

Hi @LAZ,

Community Moderator 101

Please see above post to learn about Connect Moderators.

Level 6

GENERAL

How do i get money from contribute in Maps

Level 10

Re: GENERAL

Hi @Arivu Local Guides is a volunteer based program, and your involvement is not considered as part of working for Google. There's a small subset of the program that will potentially allow you to earn money through the Trusted Photographer Program. You can learn about it from the following link:

https://www.google.com/streetview/earn/

Otherwise, if you're looking for an employment at Google, go to their career website and search for the positions that you're interested in.
https://careers.google.com/

Have a good day

Connect Moderator

Re: GENERAL

hi @Arivu Welcome to Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides

As @LucioV said, Local-Guide is a volunteer program, for helping others with the improvements in maps

As this is your first post in here, i take the opportunity to give you some information:

• Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂