JeslynL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Introduce Yourself - October 2017

As "Introduce Yourself" threads get quite long, we start new ones monthly and lock the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads, such as the September one, to see who already joined and where they are from (simply run a search with "Introduce Yourself" as keyword). If you're new in Connect, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" or "Hello world" posts. We will move any posts we find into here to keep the site organized.

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community.

To start, let me introduce myself:

1. Name: Jeslyn
  2. Location: Singapore
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Knowing that my contributions are making a difference is what keeps me going. Being a part of this massive global community tells me I am never alone wherever I am. 
  4. I love to share: I absolutely enjoy adding new places to Google Maps. By writing reviews and sharing photos, I am also documenting where/how I spend my days, which I can look back on later.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I never go anywhere without Google Maps, and I became a proud Local Guide when I joined the team in November 2016. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I own more picture books than adult books! I love children's books (they tell the best stories)! And cats — forgive me, that's a poor attempt at a #catfie ↓

12716177_10154974666912588_7342564462683840925_o.jpg

Now introduce yourself with a #catfie!

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Singapore
882 comments
Level 7

Re: Add new place

so am i

Level 8

Re: Wilderness Survival Training

welcome to connect mate @YamboDawson

click below link for more details about community

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/About-Local-Guides/Getting-started-with-Local-Guides/m-p/38#M2...

do elaborate post too

Connect Moderator

Re: Wilderness Survival Training

Hi @YamboDawson if you were in Australia I could help, you'd get some relevant education (Certificate IV in Outdoors, Remote First Aid) then get a job with a wilderness activity company before working up to your own business. There are many youth movement organisations around the world that can provide this training or help fund it while you work as a volunteer leader. This is how I got my outdoor qualifications.

I wish you well, working outside is a wonderful thing to do, very enriching.

Regards

Paul

Level 7

مرحبا بالجميع

مرحبا معكم نذير من الجزائر اتمنى ان نجتمع جميعا على الخير شكراSAM_0102.JPGIMG_20170807_124932.jpgIMG_20170809_154614.jpg

Level 9

Re: مرحبا بالجميع

Hi @Nadhir Thanks for sharing your pictures with as,  and i hope that you are good here with LG. 

Level 9

شكرا أخي @Nadhir فخر لنا أن يتواجد معنا مرشد محلي من الجزائر ويعتني باللغة العربية 

نأمل أن تكون مرتاحا معنا في مجموعتنا المرشدين المحليين

Level 1

اهلا  اخ نذير منور واهلا بك

Level 7

Photos and leisure

Im Terezinha Moreira de Oliveira i've been working as educational agent but i graduated in admnistration and business in 2006 .

I hope to be useful and polite as an usual i am. 

God bless you. 

Level 8

reunion de local guides fundidora en monterrey nuevo leon

hola gente de monterrey y su area metropolitana, a todos aquellos aficionados a local guides los invitamos este 8 de octubre a las 5pm en parque fundidora para una reunion, conocernos, tomar fotografias y contar anecdotas y tips, todo en convivencia con mas local guides... esperamos Barbara Samaniego​ y yo contar con su presencia....