Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googler

Accessible Brooklyn, New York

Smiling Pizzeria

323 7th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11215, USA

December 01, 2018 @ 12:00 PM (EST)

Join me on Saturday, December 1st for a geo exploration to see which places in Park Slope, Brooklyn are wheelchair-accessible. I picked Park Slope as it has a nice combination of older places (many of which are landmarked) and new, so we should find a nice mix of information that will help so many people who rely on this information. Meet us at 12pm sharp at Smiling Pizzeria at the corner of 9th Street and 7th Avenue. Bring a fully-charged phone and a positive attitude. Don't worry if you're not sure what to look for; I'll help! Please note: All costs are on your own though unless you purchase snacks along the way, it can be free. 🙂

RSVP here

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Smiling Pizzeria, 7th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, USA
24 comments
Googler

Re: Accessible Brooklyn, New York

Hey @EmekaUlor, my meet-up is approved!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

Hello @TraciC

I love the initiatives for the cause.

I hope your Accessibility walk will help millions of people there. 

I m also orginizing an Accessibility walk here in Karachi for December.

And I hope this time more people will join me.

Thank you 

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 10

Hi @TraciC! I'm not around, but I'd love to join!

I'm curious about the photo you posted: seems a catalogue more than a real bathroom! Is amazing how is completely accessible!

Googler

Ah, @LucioV. I forgot to add why I added this photo but it's because it's completely accessible. It's an image I took in the Seoul Airport. 

Connect Moderator

Ooh! Congrats @TraciC on getting your meet up approved and I wish you all the best on the day itself!!

Don't forget to take some photos during your walk and post a recap here on Connect! And if you have any questions on what to do on your meet up day, feel free to ask them here! I'm sure the veterans on meet ups will be glad to help you out!

😉😉😉😉

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Googler

Hahaha, @AdrianLunsong. Thank you for the well wishes and I think I'm a veteran too as I've hosted other meet-ups, but I do know Local Guides are always willing to host tips.

Hey @EmekaUlor, should we all take the same photo or do something similar to create a theme? 🙂 

Level 8

Congratulations @TraciC on the approval of your meet up very interesting, mine too was also approved and will be talking place on 1st December, at Nnewi, Anambra State Nigeria.

Keep the good work

Connect Moderator

Congratulations for your meet-up @TraciC

It is great that you decided to do it. It will push the community more and more . @EmekaUlor, you are having a lot of good followers in accessibility. So gooooood

Googler

I love hosting accessibility meet-ups, @ErmesT. The conversations are just as important as the contributions.

Woohoo, @OkekeNkiruka ! I'll look for photos! 🙂