StephenAbraham's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: A Thousand New Year Greetings - April 13-15, 2018

@StephenAbraham, thank you, you have done a wonderful research and came up with a very good, useful writing. 

Thank you,

John Peter 

Level 8

Interesting, Thank you 🙏 

Happy New Year.

@Vivekananda18 wrote:

anjan1Anjan@StephenAbraham Good greetings for the nice write up about the upcoming new year of different parts of the world. But amidst all this, you have missed mentioning the new year of West Bengal (Poila Boisakh, 14th April) one of the richest cultural state of India. 

On the very first day of Boisakh ( first month of Bengali year), Bengal just turns up to a different mood altogether. All Bengali men dress up with traditional Dhoti, Punjabi, Kurta and women in Sari to celebrate the day. Then there is the traditional food of Bengal to feast and Rabindra Sangeet ( songs of Noble laureate Rabindranath Tagore) to complete the celebration.

@IlankovanT 

Level 10

@Vivekananda18 Thanks for letting me know.. I add it back to the first post. 

Tagging @DrShaunak also. 🙂
Happy New Year all!

Level 9

Hi @StephenAbraham! It's great to have you posted this. Honestly, I want to call for other local guides to do so too. But now no need because you've shared already. I will join you guys!

Let's share our experience!

From me, I will share Cambodian New Year 2018 that will be celebrated from April 14-16, 2018.

Some useful info. & tips to share with others:

How to Upload Great Photos to Google Maps - shared by @AnnaDickson 

- #LetsGuide, a new celebration of the community’s passions - shared by @LawrenceNYC

- 7 tips for shooting great 360 photos with your smartphone - shared by @SonyaN

Let's help guide others and make a better map!

Level 9

Hello @StephenAbraham very nice post indeed, I wish everyone a happy new year 🙂

Meanwhile, just to add in that this year 14 April  is a very significant date in the Islamic calendar as well.
It's not a new year, but eventually a new era in islamic history (before miraj & after miraj) 

The Isra and Mi'raj (Arabic: الإسراء والمعراج‎, al-’Isrā’ wal-Mi‘rāj) are the two parts of a Night Journey that, according to IslamMuhammad took during a single night around the year 621 CE. It has been described as both a physical and spiritual journey. A brief sketch of the story is in surah al-Isra of the Quran, and other details come from the hadith, which are collections of the reports, teachings, deeds and sayings of Muhammad. In the Isra’, Muhammad traveled on the steed Buraq to "the farthest mosque". Traditionally, later Muslims identified the mosque as a location in the physical world, the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem. At the mosque, Muhammad led other prophets in prayer. He then ascended to the heavens in the Mi‘raj, speaking to God afterwards. The remembrance of this journey is one of the most significant events in the Islamic calendar.

Source wikipedia Isra and Mi'raj

Many Islamic countries are celebrating it by announcing a public holiday 🙂
What about your countries bro @Badruddeen @FuvadShah @AkmalB @OSAMA @Anonymous @BudionoS 

Level 8

Thanks bro for letting LG’s on Connect to know about this very interesting information. 

All the best.

@Haseeb wrote:

Hello @StephenAbraham very nice post indeed, I wish everyone a happy new year 🙂

Meanwhile, just to add in that this year 14 April  is a very significant date in the Islamic calendar as well.
It's not a new year, but eventually a new era in islamic history (before miraj & after miraj) 

The Isra and Mi'raj (Arabic: الإسراء والمعراج‎, al-’Isrā’ wal-Mi‘rāj) are the two parts of a Night Journey that, according to IslamMuhammad took during a single night around the year 621 CE. It has been described as both a physical and spiritual journey. A brief sketch of the story is in surah al-Isra of the Quran, and other details come from the hadith, which are collections of the reports, teachings, deeds and sayings of Muhammad. In the Isra’, Muhammad traveled on the steed Buraq to "the farthest mosque". Traditionally, later Muslims identified the mosque as a location in the physical world, the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem. At the mosque, Muhammad led other prophets in prayer. He then ascended to the heavens in the Mi‘raj, speaking to God afterwards. The remembrance of this journey is one of the most significant events in the Islamic calendar.

Source wikipedia Isra and Mi'raj

Many Islamic countries are celebrating it by announcing a public holiday 🙂
What about your countries bro @Badruddeen @FuvadShah @AkmalB @OSAMA @Anonymous @BudionoS 

Level 10

Hi @Haseeb 

Thanks for letting us know,such great information,

Have a nice day

Level 10

Thank you for created this post @StephenAbraham. It's good time to sharing our new year & culture Will keep on update photo and event after 14th April
Level 8

শুভ নববর্ষ

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Level 8

hello @FuvadShah thank you for tagging me. It is a very informative post. I'm a bengali. In West Bengal "Poila Boisakh " is celebrated on the 1st day of bengali new year. This year it is on 15 th April .