To welcome the holiday season, places around the world are covered in dazzling decorations that light up the night sky. Whether it’s a spectacular tree or a festive market, these holiday spots can be great places to take exciting photos.
Before you start snapping, review how to get the best shots in low light. Remember to turn off the flash and hold your camera steady. This will help you avoid camera shake and keep the lights from looking blurry in your photos.
To get you into the holiday spirit, here are some amazing photos taken by Local Guides around the world. Each one successfully captures the magic of holiday lights during the winter season.
1. Mysore Palace in Karnataka, India. Photographed by Local Guide Sahana S.
2. Lagos, Nigeria. Photographed by Local Guide Kyoto Dream Trips.
3. Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi in Palermo, Italy. Photographed by Local Guide Eli Ma.
4. Place Vendôme in Paris, France. Photographed by Local Guide Guide Garry McGibbon.
5. Red Square in Moscow, Russia. Photographed by Local Guide Владимир Прудников.
6. Parthenon Avenue in Tokyo, Japan. Photographed by Local Guide Makoto Yoshino.
7. Rockefeller Center in New York, NY, USA. Photographed by Local Guide Jonas Modesto.
8. Santa Claus Village in Rovaniemi, Finland. Photographed by Local Guide Mauro Scardoni.
What’s the best holiday photo you’ve taken lately? Share it in the comments below.