AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: 4 Local Guides making the map more inclusive for the LGTBQ+ community

If google guides are reviwing businesses as gay friendly, how do users access that content? Is there a way that they can filter a search for gay friendly?

Connect Moderator

Hello @Richard_Sherman

I think you cannot filter, but when you open the details to a place you can see if it is LGBTQ friendly.

@AriMar, this posts are very important. I live in a open minded country, but I travel as well to many places around Europe where to be a LGBTQIA is still a challenge and also in my home country are from time to time challenges.

Thanks to Google. 

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 6

Love for these four ...............

Connect Moderator

This is an awesome Connect post @AriMar.  Here is another great reason to be a Local Guide as it can fit with any passion, lifestyle, interest in one's life.  

As for me, I do list unisex restrooms in my reviews. Interesting fact: Not all Starbucks in the US have unisex restrooms nor do they all a diaper changing table in the unisex or women's restroom.

Nice to see you @Briggs being featured here! = )

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

Thanks for sharing this post with us @AriMar

#LetsGuide

#LocalGuides | #LetsGuide | #Bangladesh |#BangladeshLocalGuides | #SoundOfBeautifulBangladesh
Level 10

Great introduction @AriMar 
The age of using our majority as a business card is over. In reality there is no majority in society. I am convinced that the "Map" will reveal it first.

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

Level 1

well done

Connect Moderator

Thank you for hilighting these amazing individuals @AriMar ! To the four of you, and the countless others contributing towards the same goal, thank you for making the world a better place!

Level 5

Thanks for awesome post.

Team Prabhu Host

Level 10

Many many thanks for sharing four Great and talented faces who are making the Map more accessible and comfortable for communes. It’s great efforts of squad of tetra persons to help humanity and guiding junior guides.Stay blessed and keep your work always up.

Mumtaz