AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

We for Queer community

In  few  countries queer community could live a regular life.  But in places like india ,  queer community is facing more discrimination.

As this news from  India  shook me, where a girl who tried to explain her parents about her identity  was found dead in an unnatural way .

https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/kerala-student-dies-goa-death-puts-focus-inhuman-conversion-th...   

From the records, it is found that anjana tried to explain her identity to her parents but her parents  forced her to  cover that up.   Because of the pressure, ananya committed suicide.

As a local  guides community, we should stand for our queer community  friends who are facing so many problems around the world.  

We should also share places that support the queer community. 

Connect Moderator

Re: We for Queer community

Local Guides are welcoming @Anonymous of everyone regardless of any of their personal attributes, it is one of our Core Values.

I am sad that this person took their own life, it is a common story.

Fantastic that you are standing up for them and using your voice in support, because sadly they no longer have a voice.

Australia only just last year allowed gay marriage and the last of our anti homosexual laws was repealed this year. This still causes huge controversy because there are people who can't accept that people who don't fit their personal definition of normal.

It will take a long time to change the whole world, but change it we must.

Paul 

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Anonymous,

It's a sad story, but on the bright side, many Local Guides are trying to make the world and Google Maps a better place. Here are 4 Local Guides making the map more inclusive for the LGTBQ+ community

topic where I moved your post and you can read more about them.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes @PaulPavlinovich .... As soon as the quarantine ends. We should have queer community supporting Google maps list. In india, that is definitely needed in a larger scale.

Level 7

Re: 4 Local Guides making the map more inclusive for the LGTBQ+ community

I am an Openly Proud Gay Male and support the LGBTQ community.

I love to shatter peoples perceptions of gay men by, I don't want to boast, or sound boastful, but I have accomplished some very "ungay" things in my life.

I have sailed around the world about 5 times on a Sailing Boat.
I have swum across the equator 5 times ( Just  50 meters mid-ocean, at all weird hours )
I have caught and rehomed a 2 meter Black Mamba by Hand
I have sailed in Two Olympic Classed Sailing Events
I have been diving with sharks, both on purpose and unnoticed.
I have explored some of the roughest parts of Rio De Janerrio , Panama City , Colon ,  Pucktet city , Singapor just to name a few.
I have an armoured military tank licence.
and I have no fashion sense.
and dont like musicals 
I also look like a man in a dress and have photos to prove it.

I strongly oppose people or organisations that publicly denounce or suppress Gay Rights under the disguise of religion or some false and unjustified and hateful reason. But I also respect that people and organisations have the right to believe in what I don't believe in, even if that belief is against Gay rights. BUT then they should not want or expect everyone to believe and live by their rules and to force those rules on LGBTQ people. I do not expect everyone to be gay or believe what I believe in..

I cannot wait for the day when LGBTQ does not need to be mentioned, or what your sexual preference is, as it just doesn't matter  LGBTQ people do not want special rights, just equal rights.

.Gay Pride Cape TownGay Pride Cape Town

Gay Pride Cape Town, Photo taken by Paul Watson ( Me ) - This was a Dairy Truck speeding by, Clover Dairies

Gay Pride  Cape TownGay Pride Cape Town

One of the super bright and louder than life Drag Queens at Cape Town Pride.

And I am going to end off to say, You do not have to be Gay, Queer, Transexual, Lesbian or Bisexual to support gay rights, just human.

Poet , Photographer , Artist , Videographer , Sailor .
Connect Moderator

You've made some amazing contributions to this world and to yourself @Mongoose congratulations. It is a pleasure to meet someone who has done so many things. 

Paul

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Mongoose,

Thanks for sharing your inspiring thoughts and your experience with us! It is indeed amazing the list of wonderful things you have accomplished. You are also right about stereotypes and how we should always avoid them in general, whichever area they might concern.

We are all humans and even when our personal taste and our preferences can make us different, the beautiful things we have in common will always be stronger than any difference. As we use to say in Italian: the world is beautiful because is diverse! Speaking about it, I love the video realized right after Connect Live 2019, which is proving the beauty of our multicolored family: Our community.

Keep rocking on the seven seas, like you did until now! 🙂

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!