Vinvan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Reviews - not a rating only

Often I see “reviews” with only a Star rating ( usually 5!) with no comment or review. 

Rather useless. 

I suggest Google only accepts a rating AND a review. 

Also, a minimum of ( say 20 characters) to prevent reviews like “Good”, “Nice”, etc. 

7 comments
Level 10

Re: Reviews - not a rating only

@Vinvan wrote:

Often I see “reviews” with only a Star rating ( usually 5!) with no comment or review. 

Rather useless. 

Also, a minimum of ( say 20 characters) to prevent reviews like “Good”, “Nice”, etc. 

Hi @Vinvan please note that leaving a rating only is not against the rules and is often used to keep a "bookmark" on a place, to write a review later.

Anyway, your request should be considered better if moved to Feedback board, @ErmesT could you please move it?

Thanks

Level 10

@LucioV

Wow, quick crisp feedback. 👍

Also thank you for advice re Feedback board rather. 

Level 8

Anyway if people are giving only stars for level up it won't be easy for them and it'll take decades for then 😋 here is where google kept a check for those kind of people for review 5points and 200words 5points 😂😂. So if they give only rating it's not gonna help them anyway. 

Like @LucioV said there isn't any statements stating that we should give rating and review and the same time 🙂 and there is statement in help page too stating "You can also leave info about a place, like if it’s quiet, lively, or romantic"

Hope you got what you looking for 😋😋 see around my friend @Vinvan.

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Connect Moderator

Hi @Vinvan, I see your point, and I personally agree that, in a "quality vs quantity" process, to have a minimum lenght to accept a review could be a good idea.

Of course, as you can probably see, the introduction of 5 additional point for a long review has been introduced for this reason.

There are many conversation in Connect about this matter, started from members that, like you, want to have better and useful contents in Maps.

Thanks @LucioV for tagging me. I am moving this thread now.

Ermes

Level 10

@LucioV wrote:

Hi @Vinvan please note that leaving a rating only is ... often used to keep a "bookmark" on a place, to write a review later

True, very true, and I have to admit that I sometimes do this as well. Nevertheless I also see your point, @Vinvan, and agree that simple ratings (without written reviews) are far less useful.

Level 10

Whilst on the same subject, one suggestion that comes to my mind is that, don't write a review that has no extra value above the rating. For example, if I gave a rating of 5* to a place, there's no need to review "Great place", clearly that's implied in the rating. Or vice versa 1* rating, "Terrible place" review. Write a review that adds extra information or value over just the rating. That could be a good thing to keep in mind. 🙂 

Level 9

@LucioV wrote:

@Vinvan wrote:

Rather useless. 

Hi @Vinvan please note that leaving a rating only is not against the rules and is often used to keep a "bookmark" on a place, to write a review later.

Anyway, your request should be considered better if moved to Feedback board, @ErmesT could you please move it?

Thanks

Totally agree with @LucioV.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.