brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

LG Summit 2018

M ready for LG Summit'18..Are you guys ready to rock and roll?

Connect Moderator

Re: Finally Connect Live 2018 is here. Apply Now❗️

@DavidTito, I need to correct you on your statement:

@DavidTito wrote:

@brittym  they said they will select new members in 2017 and they selected the majority of summit 2016 attendees and now the number are the same just 150 attendees if you consider more than 10 Connect Moderators and 50% of the last Summit attendees so we are talking about less than 70 seats or much much less, this question was queried by @OSAMA but has me tingling too?

There were only 17 LGSummit16 alumni (or 23%), not a majority of Summit16’s 75, who were selected for Summit17 out of 150 Summit17 population. And not every Connect Moderator attended last Summit too.

Connect Live attendees will be selected by their own Local Guides and Google Maps merits /activities and video application per this year’s application criteria. Previous attendance(s) will not provide any additional merit, points, or edge. One does not need fancy camera or video equipment either. I know personally from the last two summits, many of the attendees submitted video applications shot from their phones. 

I hope this provides you with additional background of the selection process and that you, @OSAMA, or anyone else who is a Level 5 or higher and will be 21 by Oct 16, are not deterred from submitting a Connect Live application.

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

Re: Finally Connect Live 2018 is here. Apply Now❗️

@DavidTito

If you are selected as one of the 150 Connect Live attendees, Google’s Travel Agency will contact you directly via email and will work with you for your Connect Live travel arrangements, which include air, hotel, airport transfers, and assisting you with the US Tourist Visa application process.

There is no need to work with your travel agent.

Cheers,

Karen

@DavidTito wrote:

@brittym do we have a date, for example, I would like to ask my travel agent questions what answers do we need to provide them?

Level 7

Submit application for local guide meet

Dear friends

Pl explain with hints how to submit application for local guide meet 2018

Level 8

How to Submit an application for summit 2018

Guys, I'm Level 07 here .To get this application done to make a meetingup? Please help those who do not, and please help

SrilankaLocalGuide ChameeraM

Level 9

Re: Submit application for local guide meet

Hello @TutRamasamy

Please read this post 

The Basics

• Dates: October 16 — 18, 2018
  • Applications open April 11, 2018
  • Applications close May 1, 2018
  • More details on the Connect Live 2018 site
  • Follow along on social media using #LocalGuidesConnect

FAQs

So, no more Local Guides Summit?

That’s right. This year’s event will be just as big and exciting, but we’re calling it Connect Live to better represent one of the best parts of the original event: the chance for Local Guides to connect with one another in person and online.  

When do applications close?

May 1, 2018.

What is your selection criteria?

Applications will be open only to Local Guides Level 5+ during the application period.

Applicants will be selected based on a number of factors including, but not limited to:

The submission of a complete application with the following requirements:

• Each Local Guide must submit a 1-minute video message, appearing on camera to share reasons for applying
  • Each Local Guide must submit a post here on Local Guides Connect with an introductory message and more insights into their experience with the program

We’ll also be looking for:

• Fantastic contributions to Google Maps in the past 12 months
  • Consistent involvement with the Local Guides community such as being a Connect moderatormeet-up host and active Connect contributor
  • The ability to understand and speak English

What is the age requirement to apply for the event?

While participating in the Local Guides program requires a minimum age of 18 years, all Connect Live attendees must be at least 21 years old prior to the event. That is because 21 is the legal drinking age in the United States and alcohol will be present at some events.

What makes a good application video?

We’re looking for Local Guides to give us a glimpse into their personality to share why they are a Local Guide and why they want to attend this year’s event. You do not need to create a video with special effects or video treatments—just be yourself!

Will Local Guides who attended previous events be eligible to attend Connect Live 2018?

All applicants will be considered based on the factors listed above. Attending a previous event neither guarantees nor disqualifies a Local Guide from being eligible to attend Connect Live 2018.

How many people will be selected to attend this year’s event?

Will you watch every video?

Due to the volume of applications received, we will be prioritizing the review of applications based on a number of factors (outlined above). If you have a tracked link or views logged on your video, please note that the view count or tracked link usage may not be accurate and does not indicate the status of your application.

I don’t speak English, will you provide translation?

This event will be entirely in English. Attendees will need to confirm that they can communicate in English.

Will you pay for my travel?

Travel (flights & visas) and hotels will be arranged and paid for by Google, however, all visa costs must be first paid by selected attendees and they will receive a reimbursement. Meals will be covered by Google for the duration of the event. If selected, guests will be able to extend the trip at their own expense.

What happens after I submit an application?

You will receive an email within a week confirming that your application has been received.

When will the selected applicants be notified?

Selected applicants will be contacted privately by June 20, 2018.

Will I be told if I haven't been selected?

Yes. We will let you know by June 20 privately via email. Keep an eye out for future events and announcements by keeping in touch with Local Guides here on ConnectGoogle+FacebookTwitter and YouTube.

Traveling to the United States became more difficult in past year; will my country of origin impact my ability to apply for or attend Connect Live?

Attendees will be selected to attend the event based on the criteria listed above and not on their country of origin. Google will be working with a third-party travel agency to navigate and expedite the visa application process, following all government laws. However, if you are selected and your visa application is denied, an alternative attendee will be selected to attend.

You can learn more about traveling to the United States by visiting travel.state.gov.

Level 2

Re: Submit application for local guide meet

Hi, I am Mahfuzur Rahman. I am really happy that you remember me. I want to stay with you and will try to give information what needed.
Level 9

Re: How to Submit an application for summit 2018

Hello @ChameeraM

Please follow all the instructions here https://maps.google.com/localguides/event/connectlive

And for an additional tip, have a look at this post  & also there's some great tips for application video in this post

Best of luck for your application

Regards

Level 9

Re: Local Guide Summit 2018 (LG 2018)

Not yet.

By the way it's now called Connect live.

Best of luck dear friend

Level 8

Re: How to Submit an application for summit 2018

thanks Haseeb friend for your feedback.. cheers

SrilankaLocalGuide ChameeraM