ajitbehea62's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Metal badges for Google local guide

ya its a nice suggestion how ever its not possible for google to give 50 million badges. If you are really doing a great job google might see your work and they might even give trusted photographer badge. 

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Connect Moderator

Re: Metal badges for Google local guide

Hi @Pisharo and @Jagadeesh_Reddy

please read the official reply here

I'm merging your post with that thread, so you will receive possible update

Ermes

Level 6

Google Local Guides ID Card or any alternative

i think we need some kind of a Google Local Guides ID Card or any alternative to show as a proof for a reason of taking pictures.

Level 8

Re: Google Local Guides ID Card or any alternative

This is a must need and wonderful idea as we face difficult to prove and make people and authority understand that "why we are taking pictures in public places and stores...etc

Level 6

Yeah! this is a must need thing for a local guides as we are doing some to make google maps better as well.

@PraveenGeorge wrote:

This is a must need and wonderful idea as we face difficult to prove and make people and authority understand that "why we are taking pictures in public places and stores...etc

Level 10

@Ch_Sharose Without which, the best option is just to open Maps app and show your contribution page with your name on it. That is a virtual ID card in a way. In fact, I would argue that's actually better because it's real, live on-line, connected to Google Map servers in real-time and cannot be duplicated. That should be more trustworthy than a piece of paper (which anyone can duplicate), in my opinion. 🙂 

Level 6

@StephenAbraham Thanks mate i truly agreed with you but i was just wondering if any kind id card perk is available for the local guides.

Level 10

@Ch_Sharose, 🙂 No there isn't any. We don't represent Google in any way. We represent only ourselves and are just sharing our own opinions, reviews, our photos, videos, answers and sharing it to a social mapping platform Google Maps. So, Google will not provide any ID or such. 

There is a link that could be useful below.

"You must not at any time represent yourself in any way as a Google employee or a representative of Google or its products or services."

https://maps.google.com/localguides/rules

Keep up the good job in our LG family.. 🙂 

Level 4

Identificarse

Buenas, que tal? Espero que bien.

Tengo una duda, puedo precentarme con una identificacion que soy de Local Guides?, Xq no confian y no me dejan hacer siertas cosas como tomar fotos.

He leido al respecto en POLITICAS y no dice dana al respecto supongo que se puede.

Alguien me lo afirma?

Gacias.

Carlos Colorido

Former Google Contributor

Re: Identificarse

@ElPinguino -

Your question is a common one here on Connect and I have moved your post into the relevant thread in which we answer this question. Please take a look at the accepted solution for this thread at your convenience. Thank you.

I am not available to respond on the weekend