ajitbehea62's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Google Lanyards and ID’s for Local Guides

Hi @Chromance. Thank you for sharing. Your idea is getting merged with Google Local Guides ID Card since the same topic is discussed there. You can follow up the thread in order to be updated.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

physical badges for Local guides

Hi ,

Just want to highlight  that ,Is there any Physical Badges or ID cards available for Local guides? 

Because issues we face while taking photographs in shops ,generally shopkeepers dont allow inspite of saying that i am a local guide.

I Suggest to Google Moderator to suggest any ID cards or Badges for Local guide. It would be very easy to provide best photos of the location instead hesitating to take photographs what the shop owners will say.

Expecting favourable reply

Regards

Nawaz

Re: physical badges for Local guides

Hi @Nawaz212,

Thanks for reaching out! Currently there are no official Local Guides IDs. This question has been asked a lot of times before, so I'll merge your post with one of the relevant posts. 

Make sure to Search the community whenever you have questions about the Local Guides program. Chances are someone have already received an answer on what you're trying to find. 

This has also been suggested a few times in the Idea Exchange, where Local Guides like you are welcome to share their ideas and suggestions for improvement of Google Maps and the Local Guides program.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Google Local Guides ID Card

I know the local guide but I do not know anyone so people are mad and I say and "throw it in a mad room"
so that I can not get the information needed for a photo or video if all Local Guides from Google Local Guide (ID)
If the card is given, it will be easier to work as ID card, by taking the necessary information by showing the ID card

I want to pay attention to this idea.

હું  લોકલ ગાઈડછું એ  મને ખબર છે પણ બીજાને ખબર નથી તેથીએ લોકો મને પાગલ સમાજે છે અને કહે છે અને "આને કોઈ પાગલખાનામાં નાખીદો"  જેથી હું  ફોટો કે વિડિઓ જરૂરી માહિતી મેળવી શકતો નથી જો ગૂગલ લોકલ ગાઈડ(ગૂગલ) તરફથી બધા લોકલ ગાઈડ એક આઈડી કાર્ડ આપવામાં આવે તો કામ કરવાનું સરળ બને આઈડી કાર્ડ હોવાથી આઈડી કાર્ડ બતાવીને જરૂરી માહિતી લઇ શકાય 

મારા આ વિચાર પર ધ્યાન આપવા વિનતી છે. 

Level 6

Re: Google Local Guides ID Card

I agree. This may help a lot. 

Level 9

Hi @Pratik86  and @Khalilkra :

No ID cards are provided, you can see a detailed solution from Google about this here.

Thanks!

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 7

Membership Card

I would like a membership in order to be able to photograph in a place without problems. Some places refuse to shoot without proof   

Connect Moderator

Re: Membership Card

Hello @AHMEDFALSULTAN 

Thank you for reaching out about wishing to have a Membership or some form of Identification.  Please note that this has been asked for and suggested before and answered in this post Google Local Guides ID Card.  I suggest that you might like to read the discussion and answer provided in that article and I'm moving your post there in order to keep such discussion in the one place.  This helps to keep the Connect forum better organized.

Leaderboards:  * Points   * Photos   * Videos   * Countries   * Movers & Shakers
  Star Leaderboards:    * Photos    * Videos   * 360 Spheres
  Star Albums:   * Photos   * Videos   * 360 Spheres   * Stars Discussions
  Join in:      * How to Register    * Register   * Login   * Extensions
Level 7

Re: This Very very beautiful place in Dubai

Hi @Giu_DiB 

Mr Giu DiB one request 

How can I get Localguide ID card......

Hi @Arunkumar81,

Thnks for your question. We don't provide Local Guides with ID cards. When someone asks you for identification as a Local Guide, you can show them your profile on Maps and explain that you are an individual member of our community (and not an employee of Google) who is sharing your experiences on Maps for others to take advantage of it. 

To keep Connect more organized, I am now moving your comment from the unrelated conversation to this thread, where the same question was asked and an answer was already provided: Google Local Guides ID Card.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!