StephenAbraham's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Tasting 13 varieties of traditional pastry in Melaka, Malaysia

Malaysia is a country well known for its many forms and varieties of food. One of the more famous and highly sough after delicacies are the traditional pastries, and none other more famous that those that are made by the Baba-Nyonya community in Melaka or Penang. Today I had the great opportunity to purchase, taste and film 13 most popular traditional cakes/pastries from the Baba-Nyonya culture.

The pastries that I got to try today were: Lepat Kacang, Kueh Dadar (Kuih Ketayap), Kuih Bingkai Ubi, Apam Balik, Rempah Udang, Kuih Kochi Putin, Kuih Kochi Hitam, Pulut Inti, Kuih Abu Sagu, Kuih Lapis, Pulut Seri Kaya Pandan, Pulut Seri Kaya Kuning,& Kuih Talam.

These special pastries were self purchased at Baba Charlie Nyonya Cake. Google Maps Location: https://goo.gl/maps/QkArdXEPJnm

Do visit and experience the pastries yourself 🙂

Malaysian Traditional PastriesMalaysian Traditional Pastries

Watch my delicious taste test video below.

Tagging a few Malaysia Local Guides: @Haseeb@AkmalB, @wongcheeweng @NabeelKhan, @Atiq19

Tagging some foodies & friends: @Shirni@KarenVChin@ErmesT@BudionoS@PavelSarwar

Welcome Google Managers to Melaka soon, we can do a food marathon some day here: @BellaWi@JeslynL @YanniY  🙂

Malacca Malaysia
10 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Tasting 13 varieties of traditional pastry in Melaka, Malaysia

Oh My Good @StephenAbraham

thanks for tagging me. Now I want to go to Melaka again. When I visited Melacca, more than 20 years ago, it was in no time, as I was very busy working in Seremban.

We had only a few free hours for a wolking tour of the city and some fast shopping.

Your video is wonderful, I'm just looking for something sweet now.

thanks a lot, it is really wonderful

Ermes

Level 7

Well done @StephenAbraham Those are great 13 video reviews of the traditional cakes. 

But this is actually tempting to see and without tasting. Maybe if I'm opportuned to visit one day, will surly take a bite.

Level 10

@ErmesT Oh my... I never knew you were in Malaysia before! Come back soon! We can go do a food marathon.

Former Google Contributor

Looks good - do you guys also eat the ondeh ondeh (is that what you call it there?)

Level 10

@YanniY .. that day we went early, it wasn't ready.. 🙂

That's also a famous one.. We should plan a food outing for Google LG managers in Singapore one weekend, drive down to Melaka, eat until drop. 🙂 

Connect Moderator

Wow so delicious pastry @StephenAbraham

Thanks for sharing this Malaysian famous food with us.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Hi @StephenAbraham

I am one of the lucky person, who tastes almost every kind of food available in Malaysia(thanks to my company for paid my tours around Malaysia )

I tastes these pastries during my last visit to melaka city centre. 

Your video is a great gift for sweet lovers around the world. 

Thanks for sharing 

Have a good day 

Level 10

Hai bro @StephenAbraham what a wonderful traditional food of Melaka. I think we have similarities.. See my IG photo down below 🙂

Jajan Pasar khas IndonesiaJajan Pasar khas Indonesia

Level 8

WOW looks so yummy... I have tried a few 🙂

Let's plan for Melaka meetup 😄 ...  @StephenAbraham thanks for sharing.

Keep Smiling 🙂

Nabeel Khan