NirajBhusal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Phewa Tal : Heart of Pokhara, Nepal

Hello Local Guides !

I visited Pokhara, Nepal in February 2018 for the first time and stayed there for two days. During my stay , I visited Phewa Tal and Varahi Mandir which are must visit places in Pokhara.  Beside Phewa Lake Davi's Fall, Seti River Gorge, Sarangkot (for Sunrise, Sunset,Paragliding and Zipflyer), Mahendra Cave, World Peace Pagoda, Pumdikot, International Mountain Museum, Gurkha Museum, etc. are other top sights to visit in Pokhara.  I could not visit all these places since I was there for only two days and hope to visit these places too someday. So, if you are planning to visit Pokhara fully you will need to make a one week trip.

The best way to enjoy the beauty of Phew Tal is boating. There are varieties of boats in Phewa Tal. The cost for boating in Phewa Tal depends on distance and size of boat. It may cost from 100 NPR to 4000 NPR. We paid two thousand for a boat and spent more than two hours in Phewa Tal. I enjoyed boating in Phewa Tal taking some 360 photos, normal photos, videos.  I have shared my photos below:

Along with the photos I have written some description about the places I visited in Pokhara below. Hope that it will help you know more about Pokhara and Phewa Lake.

Ready for BoatingReady for BoatingIMG_20180220_100601.jpg

Pokhara:

Pokhara is a city in central Nepal located 200 kilometres (120 miles) west of the capital Kathmandu. It is the provincial capital of Province number 4, headquarter of Gandaki Zone and Kaski District. It is  It’s known as a gateway to the Annapurna Circuit, a popular trail in the Himalayas. Tal Barahi Temple, a 2-story pagoda, sits on an island in the lake. On the eastern shore, the Lakeside district has yoga centers and restaurants. In the city’s south, the International Mountain Museum has exhibits on the history of mountaineering and the people of the Himalayas.

Phewa Tal:

Phewa TalPhewa Tal

Phewa Tal known as the heart of Pokhara and focal point for the travellers in Pokhara. It  is the second largest lake in Nepal and largest lake of Pokhara Valley. Phewa originally used to cover an area of 9 sq km but now has been reduced to 4.43 sq. km. The lake is surrounded by Sarangkot and Kaskikot hills on the northern side. The hill running along the lake is Raniban (Queen of Forests) which is very rich in flora and fauna.  Shrine of Barahi (Water Goddess) pagoda style temple in the lake is the main attraction of Phewa Tal.

Tal Barahi

Tal Barahi TempleTal Barahi Temple

Tal Barahi is one of the most religious and famous pilgrimage sites in Pokhara, devoted to the deity Tal Barahi. The dramatic beauty of its location itself attracts everyone. As the temple is on a small island, surrounded by the crystal clear waters of Fewa Lake, the only way of getting to the temple is on boat.

The actual date of its establishment is unknown, but according to a local legend it is said that a small temple of Barahi was established at the centre of the Phewa Lake in The present structure was built in 1960 AD in the typical Nepalese style, with a tiered roof, etc.

Here are my favorite photos taken at Phewa Lake, Pokhara, Nepal.  (To view all photos, click to here)

Boats in Phewa TalBoats in Phewa TalBoats in Phewa TalBoats in Phewa TalBoats in Phewa TalBoats in Phewa TalBoats in Phewa TalBoats in Phewa TalBoating in Phewa TalBoating in Phewa TalPigeons at Tal Barahi TemplePigeons at Tal Barahi TempleBoys posing in my CameraBoys posing in my CameraIMG_7043.jpgTal Barahi TempleTal Barahi TempleIMG_7087.jpgParagliding from SarangkotParagliding from SarangkotIMG_7181.jpgParagliding from SarangkotParagliding from SarangkotTal Barahi TempleTal Barahi TempleIMG_7078.jpgKids playing in the bank of Phewa LakeKids playing in the bank of Phewa Lake

@TraciC @NadyaPN @MarinSt @JeslynL @AlejandraMaria @KarenVChin @ErmesT @PaulPavlinovich , hope you will like it. 

Will be expecting your feedback and suggestion. 

@PavelSarwar I am expecting to hear your travel experiences of Pokhara. 

Namaste, Nepal

Phewa Lake, Pokhara, Nepal
21 comments
Level 9

Re: Phewa Tal : Heart of Pokhara, Nepal

Amazing post @NirajBhusal 🙂
I wish to visit Pokhara soon & jump with parachute.

Level 10

@NirajBhusal Beautiful photos and a location. I love to visit Nepal one day. Is it difficult to get Visa?

Level 8

Thank you @Haseeb. You will love to Paraglide. Hope to see you soon in Nepal.

Namaste, Niraj

Level 8

Thank you @AnuradhaP. It's not so hard, you can get VISA easily. Hope to go for a Photo Walk with you in Nepal someday soon. 

Namaste, Nepal

Connect Moderator

Looks like you had a great time @NirajBhusal.

My suggestions would be for you to add your Google Maps review links of the places you visited here in Pokhara and create an overall Pokhara Google Maps List link to your well-written post. So, in case fellow Local Guides here want to visit Pokhara and only have 2 days you can show them in one link all the places you visited, ate, and stayed.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

Thank you so much @KarenVChin for your suggestion, I will follow it ahead.

Namaste, Niraj

Level 8

@Haseeb @NirajBhusal yeah very nice photos good quality I wonder about taking a shot like that from a parachute.@NirajBhusal wow wouldn't that be awesome

@Haseeb wrote:

Amazing post @NirajBhusal 🙂
I wish to visit Pokhara soon & jump with parachute.

Level 8

Level 8

@NirajBhusal maybe ill try it one day with Ricoh ThetaV strapped to my hand lol a 360 parachute video

@NirajBhusal wrote:

Thank you , It would be awesome @DavidTito

Namaste, Niraj