StephenAbraham's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Malaysia Local Guides visit the National Mosque of Malaysia

The National Mosque of Malaysia (Masjid Negara) is one of the largest mosque in the country. It's located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia, a short walk from the National Square of Kuala Lumpur. Being one of the important places in the city, I personally hadn't visited the place before after all these time. On May 26, 2018, a few Malaysia Local Guides on a Saturday afternoon, took a trip to Kuala Lumpur to visit and experience this important place in the city. Even more meaningful, it was during the month of Ramadan.

Google Maps location: https://goo.gl/maps/GsG16qXzvgz

Malaysia Local Guides visiting the National Mosque of MalaysiaMalaysia Local Guides visiting the National Mosque of Malaysia

So, there were 3 of us, travelling from quite a distance to the city, on a very wet Saturday afternoon. @PavelSarwar@Saidulkarim and myself. 

Muslims and non-Muslims are welcome just to visit the mosque. Visit should be done outside of prayers times. The staff and administrators are very friendly and welcoming. Only note that only Muslims can enter the main prayer hall, only for prayers. Whilst the courtyard is opened for all visitors and photography is permitted. Because this is a place of prayer, visitors must be properly dressed, such as no short, and for females skirts needs to cover up to the ankles and well as the wrists. Robes are provided for visitors if needed. If driving here, there are 2 car parks, in the front and the back of the mosque. Parking is free. Note the visiting hours.

As one enters the mosque, footwear is left outside at the steps. 

It was a first time visit for all of us. We were greeted with a wide courtyard with a large water feature leading up to the main prayer hall. The very tall 73 meter high single minaret stands in the middle of the location, and the roof is shaped like a sixteen pointed star. The inner courtyard has an area supported with many beams leading into the main prayer hall with very high ceilings and decorated with geometric architecture.

It was an amazing experience for us, since it was my first time visiting. And we would certainly recommend everyone to visit this place. 

Masjid Negara, Jalan Perdana, Perdana Botanical Gardens, Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 comments
Level 8

Re: Malaysia Local Guides visit the National Mosque of Malaysia

@StephenAbraham This is also first time for me to visit National Mosque. 

take a photo background with angel bro.. lol

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Level 8

Thanks @StephenAbraham , and @PavelSarwar , we had a great time Although the weather was rainy.

Level 9

@StephenAbraham @Saidulkarim @PavelSarwar

I've been to this national mosque many times & it's nice to see you guys have enjoyed your visit 🙂

Level 10

The another place is revealed with this post. Thanks for sharing @StephenAbraham. 😃