LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

36 hours in Naples - Local Guides Swap DIY edition

View from Castel Sant'ElmoView from Castel Sant'Elmo

In the last weekend i had the great opportunity to be a guest in a wonderful city, with a great local guide, @DanielaBP

Let's start from the beginning, some tips: don't drive in Naples, unless you are an experienced driver, something between McGyver, Rambo and Nigel Mansell ?

Sometimes the streets are so narrow that you can touch front doors with your mirrors.

Hospitality is great, and hotels, from *** are really nice and cozy! I choose (well, actually I didn't) Napolart , near the port area, a B&B on two floor, with nice inner gardens and a great breakfast! Price around 120 €/night

Napolart - The inner garden terraceNapolart - The inner garden terrace

First place we visited was a nice space, something between a pawn shop and an art gallery, the Napoli Drugstore. Here we met Mario Avallone AKA "Kuoko mercante" a chef and an artist, and this is his laboratory. Just, remember, be careful with your head!

Napoli DrugstoreNapoli Drugstore

On the other side of the street, we had lunch in La stanza del gusto ; you can see many art in this strange restaurant.

La stanza del gustoLa stanza del gusto

QueloQuelo

What are you looking for?What are you looking for?

We ate "pane conzato" and many other specialties!

IMG_3581.JPG

IMG_3582.JPG

'o salam'o salam

IMG_3585.JPG

IMG_3586.JPG

Then we walked down in Via dei Tribunali, discovering some hidden gems like the old Colonnese Library near the music conservatory

IMG_3595.JPG

IMG_3596.JPG  

Along the way, great churches, San Lorenzo, and the entrance of Napoli sotterranea, the famous Pizzeria Sorbillo and many other great places to visit and where eat.

Santa Maria Maggiore alla PietrasantaSanta Maria Maggiore alla Pietrasanta

The day ended with a nice travel to Pozzuoli, where we eat at Abraxas Osteria, a great view on Lago Averno and Lago di Lucrino.

Day 1Day 1

The second day we visited the area of Vomero, plenty of nice shops and a lovely park, called Villa Floridiana

In the park there is a National Ceramic Museum

Then we had a quick lunch in a new food chain called 100 montaditos

IMG_3620.JPG

During the walk you can really be amazed of such a view, between the buildings

Capri, between the buildingsCapri, between the buildings

We reach the highest and panoramic point, Castel Sant'Elmo, and I did nothing more than a jump in front of the city 😄

1,2,3 jump!1,2,3 jump!

Here is the wonderful panorama of the city, with some lovely terraces under ourselves

IMG_3624 copia.JPG

Someone is having a sunbath on a terrace

Urban beachUrban beach

Paying a little fee (2.5 € per person) you can climb up the Sant'Elmo Castle, and be thrilled by the amazing 360 view on Naples

IMG_3645.JPG

IMG_3647.JPG

IMG_3653.JPG

IMG_3656.JPG

IMG_3658.JPG

A tourist was flying with a drone, directly over the city... absolutely forbidden and crazy... but i can understand, the opportunity to shoot breathtaking panorama from the highest position available is hard to resist...

IMG_3654 copia.JPG

At the end of the day we had an aperitivo in Piazza dei Martiri, in Gran Caffè La Caffettiera

IMG_3661.JPG

IMG_3662 (1).JPG

This is the map of the second day

Schermata 2017-07-10 alle 20.19.51.png

The city had a last gift, before i had to sadly leave... a great, full moon, over the bay

output (3) copia.jpg

I should update my Seven Wonders of Italy, because Naples deserves a place in this list.

Thanks @DanielaBP for being my personal Local Guide 🙂

Schermata 2017-07-10 alle 22.01.14.png

Napoli, NA, Italia
36 comments
Level 10

Re: 36 hours in Naples - Local Guides Swap DIY edition

This is Excellent @LucioV :). That word should qualify all words I can use here, can't even say anything. But I know the word Excellent qualify all. The jumping GIF 👍👍👍👍😊😊😊😊😊😊😊. You are always Excellent 🙂

Level 10

Level 8

Master of master's sir @LucioV thanks a lot for posting such a nice journey 🙏🙏🙏🙏🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊

Level 10

Smiles, okay @LucioV 🙂

Level 8

Hii @LucioV 

It Looks like you doing so much fun in Naples

Thanks for sharing your photos,360 Photos,Panorama Photos.

Level 8

@LucioV

Absolutely great photos great post great village and last but not least great local guides 👌💪🤘👍

Walter Sanders
Level 10

Thank you all!

I had my professional photographic equipment with me, but actually i shoot every photo with my smartphones and with some help from Daniela! 🙂

@ErmesT @OSAMA @TraciC @MariaBi @YK1001 @ShafiulB @IlankovanT @Csaba

Connect Moderator

wow @LucioV, great post. I love Napoli, but in all my visit i never had the opportunity to have a Local Guide like @DanielaBP helping me to explore a so beautiful city.

May be next time ....

Ermes

Level 9

Excellent work @LucioV. lots of photos and thanks for sharing these with us. I like your jumping photo 🙂