StephenZ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Lunar Rain Bow (Moon Bow)

I was first introduced to the Moon Bow on June 14, 2011.  Due to the drought, no such luck until last year, June 21, 2016 to my most compelling shot, at least to me May 10, 2017.  Simply amazing.  MoonBow.jpgimgsvr.ashx.jpgSAZ19077-Edit.jpg

8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Lunar Rain Bow (Moon Bow)

hi @StephenZ, nice photos, as I already told you in the previous post, that i've merged now to this. Please try to keep the same subject in the same topic, so the people will have more possibility to enjoy your photos.

As you are posting duplicated photos, i'd like to invite you to read this post, that can give you some indication for save your space and manage photos in an easier way.

Your moon bow is beautiful

View solution in original post

Level 1

Moonbows at Yosemite.

Moonbows on Lower Yosemite FallsSAZ19124-Edit.jpgSAZ19350.jpg

Connect Moderator

Re: Moonbows at Yosemite.

Hi @StephenZ, what a couple of Amazing shots.

Even if Yosemite Park is very famous, can you tell us a bit more about your experience?

@LucioV, have you seen this?

Level 10

@ErmesT wrote:

Hi @StephenZ, what a couple of Amazing shots.

Even if Yosemite Park is very famous, can you tell us a bit more about your experience?

@LucioV, have you seen this?

Wow! At moonlight!

Thanks for calling me in @ErmesT! I will try to replicate this shoot in september!

Level 1

I spent two days hiking various trails at Yosemite and I'm an old man.  The Moonbow on happens when the is a full moon in April, May and June, sometimes in July and rarely as far as August.  Must have plenty of water coming off Yosemite Falls and a full moon.  University of Texas puts out a chart telling you Ideal times to get the Moonbow.  Everyone has their spot.  I've read the most favorite is left corner of the bridge.  Somehow I got that spot both night I was there.  Lots of spray coming from the falls so you must have a tripod, towel to dry your lens and a cover for your camera.  I my camera rain cover at home so the first night I DYE'd it using my poncho, lost that on the John Muir Trail so the second night I used my rain jacket that had elastic around the sleeve, worked great around my lens.  Lost of pro's there(not me) to give you advice settings.  Everyone has different settings they use, but I liked ISO 640, 2.8 to 3.5f fot about 13-15sec.  Bracket bracket bracket.  Thank you all.

Level 9

@StephenZ very beautiful & nice work brother. Thanks for sharing with us.

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 8

Beautiful photos @StephenZ thank you for sharing 🙂

Connect Moderator
Solution

hi @StephenZ, nice photos, as I already told you in the previous post, that i've merged now to this. Please try to keep the same subject in the same topic, so the people will have more possibility to enjoy your photos.

As you are posting duplicated photos, i'd like to invite you to read this post, that can give you some indication for save your space and manage photos in an easier way.

Your moon bow is beautiful

Level 1

Not one who usually posts on places like this.  But was encouraged by friends and family.  Without getting personal, been a long two weeks, just forgot that I had already posted this natural phenomenon.  I'll try to  pay more attention.