yveslicazhel's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

#Japanlovers The best places in Japan

Hello Local Guides fellows & Support Team!

Just really wanted  to collect more information and photos of places in Japan that foreigner loves to visit with. I lived in Japan for 17 years, I went lots of places all over Japan that was really amazing Cities and nature spots. And now I came back here in my Furusato (Home town). I took a lots of photos however most of them are just selfies and work photos. (Selfie lover lol) So guys if you can share your experienced with photos (selfies accepted lol)  Lets take this as our road trip in Japan! Morioka castle  park, Iwate KenMorioka castle park, Iwate Ken

Ichihasama, Kurihara, Miyagi Prefecture ( Yuri park )Ichihasama, Kurihara, Miyagi Prefecture ( Yuri park )

Miyatoko Dam in Miyagi PrefectureMiyatoko Dam in Miyagi Prefecture

Port of Sakata JapanPort of Sakata Japan

Yokohama, JapanYokohama, Japan

Japan
15 comments
Level 7

Re: #Japanlovers The best places in Japan

@yveslicazhel

Thanks for the post. I was very excited to see that your first picture was from Iwate Park! That is where we live.

I will try to find some pictures of places I recommend people visit in Japan (probably mostly from Iwate) and add them later. 😉

Level 5

WOW ! GREAT! THANK YOU SO MUCH . I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE SOME PHOTOS THAT YOU HAVE. YOU ARE REALLY BLESSED TO LIVE IN SUCH A GREAT PLACE!

Connect Moderator

Thank you for sharing good topic! And I'm glad because you introduced a photo of Iwate to local guides.

Yes, I'm a Local Guide of Iwate, Japan:) 

I add some photos of Iwate Castle Park. I like this Ston wall(石垣).

IMG_20170820_122854.jpgIMG_20170820_123619.jpgIMG_20180430_125631_1.jpg

Other than famous places like Tokyo and Osaka, there are a lot of interesting city in Japan, aren't there? I recommend visiting those cities to any local guides:)

Level 5

THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR  PHOTOS. AMAZING PHOTOS YOU HAVE ! EVERYBODY HAVE TO KNOW HOW GREAT IS JAPAN IN TERMS OF HISTORICAL PLACES LIKE CASTLE IN IWATE AND ALSO THE BEAUTIFUL NATURE THAT YOU HAVE THERE. INDEED LOTS OF GREAT CITIES AND TOWN THAT JAPAN HAVE BUT THE PEOPLE AND FOREIGN TOURIST MUST REALIZE THE BEAUTY OF PROVINCES OF JAPAN TOO. I REALLY APPRECIATE WHAT YOU SHARED. THANK YOU. 

Level 7

I love to visit Japanese hot springs. I especially love hot springs with outside baths and lately, I like to visit ones that are built near a river.
There are so many hot springs I would like to introduce but let me start with this one.

This is Kikusuikan at Osawa Onsen in Hanamaki, Iwate.

Kikusuikan at Osawa Onsen, HanamakiKikusuikan at Osawa Onsen, Hanamaki

The outside of the building is very old and traditional but the inside is newer and very comfortable.

Behind the building, there is a river and you can reserve a room on the river-side with a view of it from your balcony window. 

A view of inside the room with tatami floors and a low table.A view of inside the room with tatami floors and a low table.

An indoor sitting area by a big windows overlooking the river.An indoor sitting area by a big windows overlooking the river.

There are several different hot springs you can soak in spread out across several different buildings. Plus there is an outside hot spring overlooking the river.

The main bath by the river is a mixed bath, so both men and women can use it at the same time.

There is a smaller hot spring overlooking the river for women only. The view is not as beautiful as the main bath but it is still so relaxing to soak in the hot spring and listen to the river.

Old bridge over the river to get to the other buildings and hot springsOld bridge over the river to get to the other buildings and hot springs

To get to the other buildings, you have to walk across a beautiful wooden bridge over the river.

The building on the other side of the bridge also has space for people to stay in. They have older and cheaper, no-frills rooms and there is a communal kitchen where you can prepare your own food (but remember to bring 100 yen coins to pay to turn on the burners!).

If you want to experience a more traditional Japan and enjoy Japanese hot springs as well, I really recommend staying here.
#Japanlovers

Level 7

I was so excited to introduce places in Japan I wrote too much in my last post.
Here are some more places I recommend people visit in Japan. I used to not take so many pictures so there are so many more places I would love people to visit that I, unfortunately, have no pictures of.

Matsushima, Miyagi

A beautiful coastline with many small islands covered with pine trees.

There are many small islands off the coastline in MatsushimaThere are many small islands off the coastline in Matsushima

On one of the small islands that you can walk to from the shore, we found some interested altersOn one of the small islands that you can walk to from the shore, we found some interested alters

Tenshochi, Kitakami, Iwate

A beautiful spot to see the cherry blossoms in Iwate. There are thousands of trees planted along a riverside. 

Cherry blossom season is usually in mid- to late-April

Cherry blossom season at Tenshochi, Kitakami, IwateCherry blossom season at Tenshochi, Kitakami, Iwate

Old Iwate Bank, Morioka, Iwate

Designed by the same person who designed Tokyo Station, it is a beautiful building and I feel one of the symbols of Morioka. It is also gorgeous on the inside.

IMG_20180224_104531.jpg

Sansa Festival, Morioka, Iwate

If you visit Morioka from August 1st to August 4 you can see the Sansa Festival. It is the world's largest drum parade and many different groups dance different versions of the traditional dance through part of the downtown area.

Sansa is the world's largest drum parade but there are also people who play the flute or only just danceSansa is the world's largest drum parade but there are also people who play the flute or only just dance

Here are a few things I recommend people come to a see while in Japan.

There is so much more to explore and I hope more people share as well.

@YasumiKikuchi Do you have any suggestions?

I also hope those traveling to Japan try taking a trip away from Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto area and experience other parts of Japan too.

#Japanlovers

Level 5

REALLY WOW! NO WORDS I CAN EXPRESS HOW I FEEL IN THIS PICTURES YOU'VE SHARED. SOME PART OF  MY HEART LEFT IN JAPAN SPECIALLY  THE ONSEN OR HOT SPRING. REALLY REALLY LOVE IT! THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Connect Moderator

Hi @yveslicazhel A Warm Welcome in Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides.

Beautiful post, I am sure @LuisRG will love it

As this seems to be one of your first post in here, I take the opportunity to give you some information to know how to interact with the community:

• Need Help?: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes

please note that I have unaccepted the "solution" given by you, because your post don't need a solution. please read: Tip: How to mark replies as solutions — “Accept as Solution” feature

Level 5

Hi Ermes, 

I really appreciate the warm  welcome and I am so glad that you liked my post and I really hope that Mr. LuisRG will like this as well. Actually, His photos are really awesome! 🙇🏻‍♀️

About the solution ... Indeed there is no solution and I also realized it after I pushed the button Lol 😄 however for Me all  of the shared, appreciation and replies are "Soul ..ution" in my heart to have those pictures their sent. 😄  

Again Thank you Ermes.