BishowvijayaP's post
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Level 10

Hidden Gem || Cultural Gem || Pashupatinath Aarati || Kathmandu, Nepal πŸ™ πŸ™ πŸ™

Currently the issue of hidden gems is on peak. I am very thankful to @OSAMA bro for taking a initiation for worldwide geo walk, thus exploring the hidden gems. Borrowing his word I am going to explore the cultural gem of the Pashupatinath temple, Kathmandu, Nepal.

Pashupatinath temple is the very ancient, historic hindu temple of Nepal . On the basis of its architecture and magnanimous design UNESCO has listed the place as the world heritage site. Almost all tourists who visit the Nepal use to have the place in their schedule. In fact this is the place you can visit on the same day of your landing. 

The hidden cultural gem I am talking about is not the temple but Pashupatinath aarati. It use to occur in everyday evening but Monday is the most loved day of lord Shiva so the Monday is more populous. Local people of here are familiar about it. But most of the tourist miss to watch this cultural function. 

Pashupatinath sandhya aarati (waving light in front of devine at evening) takes place from 7 PM at Summer and 6 PM at winter. It takes almost 1 hour to complete the whole process of chanting and worshipping. If you have enough time then you can enjoy the video below:

with friendswith friends

@NareshDarji @deepakjhic @Anonymous @DavidTito  @NarenChandra @SalmaanN @Osaka78forTRUMP @JohnnyE @VictorOmebije

38 comments
Level 9

Re: Hidden Gem || Cultural Gem || Pashupatinath Aarati || Kathmandu, Nepal πŸ™ πŸ™ πŸ™

This is AMAAAAZING @BishowvijayaP πŸ™πŸ™ŒπŸ™πŸ™ŒπŸ™πŸ™ŒπŸ“£πŸ“£πŸ“£

You are wonderful engaging Writer bro πŸ“£πŸ“£

Level 10

Re: Hidden Gem || Cultural Gem || Pashupatinath Aarati || Kathmandu, Nepal πŸ™ πŸ™ πŸ™

As this is the part of writing, you are also a part of my community @OSAMA bro. So engagement is obvious. πŸ˜€πŸ˜

Actually the word 'Hidden gems' is clicking my mind too hard. πŸ˜€πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜

Anonymous
Not applicable

BRAVOπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ @BishowvijayaPπŸ˜‰πŸ‘ really nice guys!!.Congratulations!!

Level 10

Thank you so much @Anonymous bud πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to you @BishowvijayaP...great person and great and true heart πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Level 9

very good gem explored bro. Not only at monday . Aarrati goes every eveninng.

Pushpendra nepal Nepal Local Guide | My Contributions
Level 10

Very nice post @BishowvijayaP and good writing skills. You're also looking good man...

Level 9

Wow it's amazing @BishowvijayaP. Wish the weather was better and btw I don't understand anything in that video. Wonderful view though. Thanks for sharing. πŸ‘πŸ™Œ

Connect Moderator

@BishowvijayaP@OSAMA's Worldwide "Hidden Gems" Geo Walk, is catching on fire! Really enjoyed reading your post and your video,  Never would have known about this "hidden gem" happening every Monday and the significant meaning behind it.

Thanks for sharing Nepal, your country's, culture to us here on Connect.

Cheers,

Karen