NalinK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

2016 in 10 photos

As a Solo Traveler I really like to go for sightseeing and camping. Most of time I wanted to discover new places / places which rarely polluted by people. While i was going through my photo albums i found some nice photos which i taken during these travels. decided to share those with you guys.

ps : these photos are my favorites i don't know if you guys like them or not 🙂

1. Ambuluwawa Temple - Gampola , Sri Lanka

ambuluwawa templeambuluwawa temple

one of the Tourist attraction place located in Gampola Town.  If you somehow managed to reached the top of this you can see the whole area.

2.  Lunugamwehera Dam - Lunugamwehera

lunugamwehera damlunugamwehera dam

I rarely get any chance to capture a sunrise. and this is one of those rare chance ! during the sunrise morning wind is little bit strong in this place. 

3.  Adams's Peak 

sunrise from adam's peaksunrise from adam's peak

Another sunrise ! this time from one of the sacred mountain in the country. Access to the mountain is possible by 6 trails and most of time people using longest and most beautiful path to access because of sightseeing. Technically it took me roughly 12 hours to climb the mountain. so far i have been there 4 times using 3 different paths.  expecting to go there again  ( this was taken early january )

4.  Horton Plains - Nuwaraeliya

Horton PlainsHorton Plains

Well this is my first visit to horton plains ! One of the coldest and windiest locations in the country. Few friends of mine wanted to visit Horton Plains and i quickly decided to join with them cause i never been there. we spent 2 day camping. probably one of the best experience i had this year.

5. Juhu Beach - Mumbai

juhu beach - photo credit  : my SOjuhu beach - photo credit : my SO

Well this photo was taken by my  SO during our first visit to india ( and it was our first visit as a couple too ) for some various reasons our first visit to india ( mainly mumbai ) was a remarkable one !

6. Gardens by the Bay - Singapore

Gardens by the BayGardens by the Bay

Rainy day view from a window 🙂 this was taken while i was in singapore for work related stuffs. i really wanted to take a picture like this and finally managed to get it done !

7. Hanthana Mountain Range

hanthana mountain rangehanthana mountain range

well this is the most important picture i took this year ( most probably ) went on a solo hiking to Hanthana mountain. spent 4 days alone without any connection to outside world. lost my tripod, left knee got injured on 2nd day did not had electricity or any way to recharge my phone and it was completely dead after 3rd day and this is one of last 4 photos i was able to capture before battery  completely gone ! so survived whole day 4 without a phone n basically without a way to contact outside world n hiked back to town with a injured leg !

8. Kandalama Lake

kandalama lakekandalama lake

Kandalama Lake sunset is the best thing happened to me in September. I submitted this for few competitions and got selected to best 15 in 2 competitions and got selected for best 10 in one competition ! thats a big achievement for me.

9. Colombo - Sri Lanka

view from 28th floor WTC colomboview from 28th floor WTC colombo

Well this is just outside of my working place 🙂 from 28th Floor of World Trade Center. also in this picture you can see whole colombo town or at least 70% of it 🙂

10. Gateway of India - Mumbai

mumbai - gateway of indiamumbai - gateway of india

Took this photo during my 2nd visit to india and it was a solo travelling. Also met a Good friend named latheef through Local Guide ( unfortunately i cant remember his full name )

So that's it. 🙂

Anyone willing to share their best photos ?

13 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: 2016 in 10 photos

Thanks @NalinK For Share with us about Your experience.. 

This is very helpful to other.... 

Your Photographs or story are also ausome.... 

Connect Moderator

Simplemente hermosas las fotos que nos compartió @NalinK, gracias. 👍

Level 7

You are a good photographer.I wish you better future ! 

Connect Moderator

Level 10

@NalinK Nice photos.

Level 7

Wonderful bro.. keep it up 😄

Level 9

@NalinK this is awesome and really beautiful photos!

Level 8

Level 8

@FaridTDF  gracias 🙂