VinkoV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Stereo photospheres

When it will be possible to upload stereo photospheres to Maps?

14 comments
Level 3

Re: Stereo photospheres

WHAT IS STEREO PHOTOSPHERE?

Connect Moderator

Level 8

What is stereo photosphere? Is that from street view? I only use maps and connect so I have no idea haha 

Level 3

@DiAnaUS@VinkoV@ErmesTStereoscopic photosphere or Stereo photosphere  is a pair of photospheres, taken simultaneously with two lenses placed like our eyes, about 65 mm apart and looking in the same direction. When viewed with synchronized pano viewers presents a stereo pair, and these images give most people the impression of seeing a 3 Dimensional space.  The most popular stereoscope for viewing stereo panoramas is a virtual reality headset - Oculus Rift, Gear VR, etc

Level 10

Here is a good example (you can see the stereo image with a Cardboard viewer for instance): 

https://developers.google.com/vr/concepts/vrview-web

It's really fun actually. There are two images above each other and one can see one image with one eye and the other with the other eye. Here is the image from that example: 

Level 9

I learn something new everyday on this LGFAMILY 😊🎉😊

Thanks @Panohr @Csaba 

And thanks to @VinkoV @DiAnaUS @ErmesT 😊👍

Level 10

Oh yes, @OSAMA, I have been playing around with such stereo images myself. Not photos but computer generated graphics but still interesting.

Level 3

@CsabaPlease note what @LuisRG wrote in 

Please Read: Posting on "Photography" Board

[ Edited ]

This board is not for sharing pictures (there is another one for that!) If you want to tell us about how you used a composition technique or how your camera is behaving in low light situations, by all means, show us a picture that illustrates the concept.

so please do not share pictures within this board. Thank you

Level 9

@Csaba

I will try this soon look interesting 😊

@Gaieus wrote:

Oh yes, @OSAMA, I have been playing around with such stereo images myself. Not photos but computer generated graphics but still interesting.