HiroyukiTakisawa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[Recap] Worldwide cultural show – Tono

IMG_20180519_124635-COLLAGE.jpg

19th May 2018, we participated in the Worldwide cultural shows by @LaxmiG and go to Tono city in Iwate, Japan. Tono is a famous small city in Japan because there are a lot of folklores. In addition to it, there is a reason that there are some old countryside houses in Tono. We call them “Magariya(曲り家)”. This time, we introduce countryside traditional farmers house to you as one of the cultures in Japan.

Album

Shared Album of Worldwide culture show - Tono

Guidance - Itoke(伊藤家) 

Google Map

Itoke is a country food restaurant in Tono. I talked the guidance of this meet-up to participants during lunch. This building is also a traditional style in Japan. After enjoying the lunch, we started local guide.

IMG_20180519_111604-COLLAGE.jpgIMG_20180519_120001.jpg

Meet-up - Tono Furusato Village(遠野ふるさと村) 

We went to Tono Furusato Village. Some Magariya around Tono city was gathered in this place for the education of countryside culture. So sometimes this place is used for taking videos.

IMG_20180519_133657.jpg

This is Magariya. This house is bent in "L" shape. In the past, farmers and horses lived together in this house because horses were very important priorities and partners for countryside farmers.  In Tono Furusato Village, we can see a scene of the age like below.

IMG_20180519_134114.jpg

Magariya has a very big entrance hall. And it includes a kitchen. Because farmers have to make horse feed together their meal.

IMG_20180519_125424.jpg

The ceiling height is low, about 170cm. (Yes, Japan is a country of Hobbit!) However, some rooms are higher than usual rooms because those rooms are for guests.

IMG_20180519_133852.jpg

This is Irori. Irori is a Japanese style Hearth.

IMG_20180519_125710.jpg

We also experienced some old farmers life styles.

IMG_20180519_125119-COLLAGE.jpg

IMG_20180519_134913.jpg

We understand some famous Japanese cultures (Katana, Ninja, Samurai etc...) are awesome.  But there are also interesting cultures in countryside. If you have a time when you come to Japan, please go not famous places after watching famous cultures. You may find amazing something that has not known yet by your friends 🙂

Meet-up recap - Michael's cafe american

Google Map

Tono is an interesting city. This time, we couldn't introduce most famous culture in Tono. I recommend you see them yourself. Of course, we will support you as local guides:-)

IMG_20180519_151504.jpgIMG_20180519_151233.jpgIMG_20180519_154607.jpg

Thank you for reading it! See you next time:-)

After meet-up...

A battle happened.

IMG_20180519_155324.jpg

日本、岩手県遠野市附馬牛町上附馬牛5−89−1 遠野ふるさと村
51 comments
Level 9

Re: [Recap] Worldwide cultural show – Tono

wow beautiful bro @HiroyukiTakisawa

It looks like you guys have some lovely time at this meetup 🙂

I love most the last picture of your battle 😛

Level 7

Thanks for the wonderful recap, @HiroyukiTakisawa!

It was so much fun experiencing Tono culture with you and everyone!
It was such an amazing way to spend International Culture Day.

Connect Moderator

Thank you @Haseeb!

Yes, we enjoyed so much!:-)

Your favorite picture has no relationship to culture. They are just a creature like Wolverine with cucumbers and a horse-human 😄

They battled over dinner, seriously, maybe.

Level 9

amaaaaaazing meetup  @HiroyukiTakisawa @Christine_T :)))))

@HelloSamsonR @BudionoS @AlejandraMaria @BishowvijayaP @LaxmiG1 

i am sure you will like this fantastic meetup 

Level 9

Hi @HiroyukiTakisawa and @Christine_T!

I love your RECAP about the countryside culture of Japan.

Tono is a nice village.  Interesting  Magariya with "L" shape. 

Fantastic photos, I like the watermill 🙂

All of you look happy, as always! And of course you started with a luch and coffe :))))

Congratulations!!!!

Good Evening from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Level 10

wow wow what a cultural battle @HiroyukiTakisawa. 😂

I use to say those whose visit my country that if they roam around the cities then they missed the real Nepal. I think Japan is also the same. Not from famous places which have abundant displays in medias, you selected a typical local place to show the beauty of ancient culture from Tono. Thank you so much for this. 

I am curious about the horses inside the building. I felt them smaller than normal. Am I true or the building is hugehuge? 🙂

Once again thanks a lot for your cooperation in worldwide cultural event. 🙂

Level 8

Hi @HiroyukiTakisawa

This looks like a fun meet-up.

Very nice and I hope to be part of one of your meet-up.

Cheers

Level 7

@BishowvijayaP

I definitely agree with you. If you don't travel to the country you are missing a chance to experience the authentic culture of a country.

The Magariya houses are pretty huge, especially the area with the dirt floor with the horses and the kitchen area.

The horses in the 360 photo are small horses but the white horse in the group pictures is pretty big, about the size of a quarter horse? (I don't know many horse breeds so quarter horse are my only reference).

Connect Moderator

Thank you @OSAMA 🙂 

Did you become to want to go there? 😛