KarenVChin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Discovering San Francisco - a local Local Guide guiding a Local Guide

@ErmesT, thanks for my New Year’s gift too. I knew you took a lot more photos during our rush tour of San Francisco. Your city photos are beautiful!

Indeed, you climbed Powell Street. For those who have not been to San Francisco, we have many hills with “vertical” streets. 

I am amazed when you told me that you walked up the very steep Powell Street “hill” - going from Union Square to Nob Hill on foot with your huge, heavy suitcase! You are in excellent health condition.  @TraciC @Atsukot, here is, yet, another amazing example why Ermes is just being the incredible person that he is.  

That Tuesday Ermes clearly walked over 25,000 steps, over some hilly urban terrain, including rolling a very heavy suitcase across San Francisco and back. 

Now I would not recommend you walking down that same Powell Street hill with your suitcase. Gravity could easily take over!

I have more “local, local” San Francisco sightseeing ideas running through my head which will just be as much fun and silly as our jam-packed 4-hour walking tour for next time!

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

Re: My San Francisco: Being a Local Guide for Another Local Guide

Ah shucks @FaridTDF, thanks for your kind words.

If you ever visit San Francisco, I will make you walk too because The City is a “walking city.” It’s very compact with so many cultures living here at times it can feel like you are taking “mini” vacations here with so many things to see and different kinds of cuisines to try. 

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

Happy New Year @OSAMA and your family!

@ErmesT and I did cover a lot of ground in those 4 hours, plus time to sit and eat twice! Luckily, the streets did not have too many people walking on the same sidewalks. That would have slowed us down. 

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

Thanks @MdEmranulHoque! Glad you enjoy our posts of that day.  It was a lot of fun seeing San Francisco through @ErmesT’s eyes.

Happy New Year!

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

Level 10

@KarenVChin @ErmesT This is one truck loads of fun. How come I’m just seeing it? Whoa! 💯Cool

Connect Moderator

Quedó agendada @KarenVChin, veremos de planificar el viaje 👍😃

Feliz 2018

Connect Moderator

Hi @U-royFelixA

Want to be part of this beautiful story. Just follow the link.

Right now we have 12 episodes already posted. It would be nice to have your view of the story

Ermes 

Connect Moderator

Re: Discovering San Francisco - a local Local Guide guiding a Local Guide

haha @KarenVChin

well, Powell street is a wall, in fact is a wall, not a road

Caption, Cable cars at Union SquareCaption, Cable cars at Union Square

What you don't know is that, after our "cable car raid" on friday, I did the same, running, in 20 minutes.

So funny

Ermes