AnuradhaP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Google Maps for Heritage Researchers

The Centre for Heritage Studies, University of Kelaniya is going to conduct a two day workshop for the Heritage Researchers. This workshop will focus on how to use the Google Maps and related products for their research work. This will be conducted at the Computer Laboratory, Faculty of Social Studies, University of Kelaniya. You can join the workshop. Limited seats are available. For more information please visit the centre website. I am proud as a local guide as they have invited me as a resource person. As mentioned in my post for the connect live 2018, I love to share my knowledge with the heritage researches/mangers to record all the archaeological sites in Sri Lanka. 

This workshop will provide an introduction and hands on experience  in Google Maps, Google MyMaps, Google Tour Creator, Street View and Google Tour Builder. It will also provide a hands on experience in taking 360 photos and using them to tell a story. This is all about telling your stories using Google Maps and related products.  

@LucioV @ErmesT I would love to get some advise from two of you. 

Sri Lanka
17 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Google Maps for Heritage Researchers

@AnuradhaP

This really sounds interesting.

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 10

@TorM Thanks.

Connect Moderator

OMG @AnuradhaP

This is great, well, I believe that now I can say everywhere, hey, I know him personally!!!

You know better than me how to manage this kind of activities. What I love, for places that cannot be visited by tourist yet, is the idea of creating guided virtual tours, so to protect places that are maybe under restoration, and give the possibility of visiting virtually

Level 9

what can i say except you are amaazing local guide who help thousands around the world and in your own country , keep it up @AnuradhaP

BTW nice photo 🙂

Level 10

@ErmesT Yes, you know me personally!!! 😄

This is something I was trying to do last few years, to record and show archaeological sites in Sri Lanka. The Google Maps has helped me in this cause. I hope this workshop will create more contributors to the Google Maps and they will help to record our heritage on Google Maps. 

Level 10

@OSAMA Thank you. 

Level 10

This is something good and great @AnuradhaP. 🙂

I hope the you will present us the summary of the event and we will learn something from there. Wish you all the best brother. 🙂

Level 9

This is really a great idea. For those who can't be physically present,  is there room for video learning? 

Connect Moderator

Wow! This is a great and interesting idea:-D @AnuradhaP