GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Google Guide no longer recognises my Guide Status ?

I have built up a successful google guide status over several years. after lots of hard works my level as a guide is around 4/6 (from memory). Hundreds of photos, reviews, posts etc

Over the last few weeks, i have been merging several Google accounts into one primary account, my primary account has always been the one associated with google guides therefore nothing should have changed on Google Guides (very important to note). I mention this because the timings appear to be closely linked to merging other accounts? 

As we are merging all Google accounts into one primary account, we have tested to make sure Google successfully allows and recognises the primary account in each case (Youtube, Business Listing etc), we plan to then delete the other accounts. Basically we are doing good housekeeping, merging years of messy into one account for greater ease of log in. Everything has worked well until now - Google Guides.

The problem is, Google has decided, out the blue to no longer recognise my Google Status? nothing has changed, the account remains the same. I only mention the above as the timings seem linked? When i look at 'my contributions' Google shows that i have posted all the volume, all my hard work and content is showing, but it has removed my Guide Status? prompting me to join as a guide to benefit from all this content. BUT i am already a guide !!

I am hesitant to join in case it has a negative effect. why has my long serving  account lost its Guide Status ?

PLEASE NOTE: I am forced to post this message using another account, one that IS NOT containing my Guide information. Because Google no longer recognises my Guide Status it prevents me from posting a support message, please can a team support person assist me. 

Former Google Contributor

Re: Google Guide no longer recognises my Guide Status ?

Hello @lostinspace,

Thanks for reaching out.

First I would like to remind you that actively participating in Local Guides with more than one account is against our rules and policy. Doing so will result in removal of one if not all accounts and may result in a permanent ban from the LG program. With that said we recommend that you exit the program on this email when you've signed up on your other email.

Please take your time to read the Why was I removed from the Local Guides program? article, where I've merged your post.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 1

Local guide account suspended for Level 9 contributor?

Hi.

I am (or rather was) a Local Guide Level 9 that have spend literally thousands of hours posting high quality pictures (taken and edited with my DSLR) and other content. After not being very active for a few months I discovered that my Local Guides login was suspended and I can not figure out why. I have read all the info on the board about the rules and guidelines and the only thing I can think of is that I have posted the same picture for two Google maps listings that both relates to the photo. (Like under Disney World and then for a specific attraction in the picture). I have among other things written this article sharing my experience (with 21 pages of positive responses and kudos) https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/What-I-have-learned-by-posting-10600-photos... and currently have 369,814,411 views of my photos. I have tried several times posting both on the Facebook wall and Twitter for over 2 months, but have not gotten any response from the LocalGuides team. All I ask is that someone review my account (SveinR) and let me know if there is something I can do to have the account restored or if I should move on and not be able to contribute quality images anymore. I only activated this other email account as a local guide account to post this and have already removed it when you read this as I know I should not have two active accounts. I'm looking forwards to a response. Thanks from a long time local guide and contributor. 

Former Google Contributor

Re: Local guide account suspended for Level 9 contributor?

Hi @Swoonie,

Thanks for reaching out!

I've merged your post to Why was I removed from the Local Guides program? 

In addition, I want to ask you to immediately close your second account as this violates our Local Guides program rules. Please also note that your username needs to be changed once you're not an admin or one of the Google Moderators. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 2

Local guide account suspended

My local guide account you temporary suspended. Temporarily suspended account [REDACTED] local guide account. Please start again. I am sorry Google. I will take full care of rules ahead. I will close that which I created second account. Please activate this [REDACTED] local guide account.  

Level 2

Local guide account suspended

• Temporarily enable to enroll me in the local guide program . Please help me. My account [REDACTED]. I will definitely delete my second account . If you again activate my frist account [REDACTED]. dbe1c6da-8fcd-4a79-a416-2604fe17f084.jpg

[REDACTED PHOTO]

Connect Moderator

Re: Local guide account suspended

Hi @AshishMeena 

As you has been suspended, here below you will find a link to know how to contact the Local Guides Team for a verification of the account:

Please remember that, who is banned, through the account, is the person that is managing it, as the account is not acting indipendently of you.

• Close this account now. Having two account is against the Program Rules, so your other account will not be verified while this account still open. Many people say "I will close the second account when the first one will be restored". The only result that they will have, in this way, is to have also the second account banned.

Thank you for reading

Ermes

Connect Moderator

Hi @AshishMeena 

As you has been suspended, here below you will find a link to know how to contact the Local Guides Team for a verification of the account:

Please remember that, who is banned, through the account, is the person that is managing it, as the account is not acting indipendently of you.

• For your privacy, please edit your post, removing the contact informations in there. The team will not use this post to contact you.
    • Close this account now. Having two account is against the Program Rules, so your other account will not be verified while this account still open. Many people say "I will close the second account when the first one will be restored". The only result that they will have, in this way, is to have also the second account banned.

Thank you for reading

Ermes

Level 2

Please activate [REDACTED] account. This is temporarily closed. Next time I follow all Google's policy. I am 6 stage user in my village. I'm from India and my area one not signed local guide account. Please only me use this but today I am upset. You are suspended my google local guide account

Connect Moderator

For your own admission @AshishMeena you didn't followed the rules. After the suspension, you created two different account to post in Connect. This is against the rules too