GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Why was I removed from the Local Guides program?

Local Guides share photos, reviews, and info that helps millions of people around the world. To make sure that people can find what they’re looking for on Google Maps, we often check that everyone’s contributions are helpful, accurate, and appropriate.

Sometimes, if we notice a Local Guide who seems to have violated our policies, we might remove that person from the program. If you don’t see a Local Guides badge on your profile and can’t log in to post here on Connect, that’s likely what happened.

Think you’ve been removed? You might have violated one of these policies:

• Google Maps policies on reviews, photos, and videos (for example, by posting duplicate reviews or photos, contributing offensive content, or uploading spam)
  • Google Maps mapping guidelines (for example, by adding fake locations to the map, changing the name of a business to an incorrect one, or adding unnecessary keywords in any field)

The vast majority of Local Guides contributions are totally within the rules. If you're unsure of about whether something is allowed, be sure to check beforehand. However, you should be aware that any account can be banned for violating any of these policies, whether the Local Guide was aware of the policy or not. Also, our policies change from time to time, so it’s important to stay up-to-date with the rules.

Usually, we can’t let you know if you’ve violated a policy before you’re banned, though we’ll try our best to get in touch if you’re a very active contributor on Connect. If you’ve already been banned, in most cases we can’t provide details about why you were removed from the program.

If you think you may have been wrongfully removed from the program and your account hasn’t been reinstated for more than 10 days, don’t create a new account to post on Connect (since that’s against our program rules, too). Mention @localguides on Twitter or write on our Facebook wall letting us know you've been banned and we will follow up with you over private message.

We appreciate your understanding, and for helping everyone navigate the world on Google Maps.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
145 comments
Level 2

Re: Meet the Google Moderators

Hi,

Actually i am writing from my other account. I don't know the reason why my account related to balaji.0808 got suspended. When i try to login it says erroruserbanned. Kindly help me to resolve it.

Thanks

Re: Meet the Google Moderators

Hi @admin_namadwaar,

I moved your post to this this post Why was I removed from the Local Guides program? Please take a look and follow the instructions provided in the article. 

In addition, I want to ask you to immediately close your second account as this violates our Local Guides program rules. Please also note that you Username needs to be changed once you're not an admin or one of the Google Moderators. 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 2

Re: Oakland: Come learn about Bulletin, from Google (May 30)

hy my acount had been suspended please help me.... my acount [EMAIL REMOVED]

Google Moderator

Re: Oakland: Come learn about Bulletin, from Google (May 30)

Hi @wasis60y,

I'm moving your message to this topic Why was I removed from the Local Guides program?. Please, take a look and follow the instructions provided. 

Also, please close your second account you're writing from now, as this violates our Local Guides program rules

Thanks!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 1

Re: Why Google Maps made it easier to make plans with your friends

Hello

I have an account at Cochle Maps and I arrived at Center 8 and I added 140 sites and I was banned
My account name is blocked
[Redacted]

Re: Why Google Maps made it easier to make plans with your friends

Hi @suheb_1973

Please note that I've edited your message because we value everyone's privacy and sharing private information is not encouraged on Connect.

Please follow the instructions provided in the topic Why was I removed from the Local Guides program?, where I've moved your post.

Also, please close your second account you're writing from now, as this violates our Local Guides program rules

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 5

Local Guide level 7 suspended?

My main Google account is a Local Guide level 7. But it's been suspended from the program . Will I ever be able to use it as a Local Guide again  

Level 9

Re: Local Guide level 7 suspended?

Sorry to hear this. Firstly, if you're joined Local Guides again with a second account to post this, then this is a violation of the Terms & Conditions of the program. Please exit the program on this account.

Review this post, it talks about why you may have been suspended. If you feel you should not be suspended, then please follow the directions and reach out to the team as recommended in the post. Note that the post is available publicly so you do not need to join on another account.

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!

Re: Local Guide level 7 suspended?

Hi @Tbisurvive,

As @Shirley has informed you, participating in the Local Guides program with second account is against our program rules. Same goes for using the name and a logo of the Google and any other brand.

Please follow the instructions provided in the topic Why was I removed from the Local Guides program?, where I've moved your post.