KarenVChin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Wine Tasting Adventure in California

Reading your reply, I see now the difference, @KarenVChin, between the bay area where you live, and Treviso (I am talking about vineyard, of course). I am living in your Sonoma 🙂

For us is very common to visit a winery, because they are everywhere, frequently very close each other. A big Sonoma county. Driving from Trieste (East) to Genova (west) for 500 Kilometres, you will always be able to see a vineyard, looking around.

This is also impacting on the price of the wine: the price of a good bottle is around 10 to 15 euro, rising up a little bit only for wine that has a very limited production, like Picolit, or Cartizze, or the Amarone della Valpolicella that I gave you last year.

My personal feelings, driving in Sonoma county, was to be at home, in a landscape very close to mine

Former Google Contributor

I can't hide not to tell you how much I admire your winery skills @KarenVChin! : )

Since I was a kid my father and grandfather have always grown grapes and prepared wine. I love this tradition very much as it plays an important role in our family traditions.

You are quite right for the problem when to pick the grape. Should it be early, you cannot use it, if you wait a little bit more you end up not having it at all. : )

I came across of a photo that I took in China while I was working at the Embassy of Bulgaria and we were having an event there. I can share with you a bit of how our Bulgarian wines look like, even though I believe the best way to show you is through tasting them.

Caption: A set of Bulgarian wines and juices and other Chinese local bubble drinks. (Local Guide @TsekoV)Caption: A set of Bulgarian wines and juices and other Chinese local bubble drinks. (Local Guide @TsekoV)

As for your last words I believe share is care and tasting wines is best with a Local Guide or two or three.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@KarenVChin such a lovely place 

Kristina Ibragimova
Connect Moderator

Thanks @KristinaIBRA. I was about to add this link to your post. Will need to ask my questions about your country’s wine there shortly.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

@KarenVChin Would you please tell me what would you like to know about Moldavian wine 🍷🍷

Kristina Ibragimova
Connect Moderator

@KristinaIBRA - this is why I love Connect. I didn't even know Moldova existed until @ErmesT tagged me to your post today. 😃

Here are my Moldovan wine questions:

!) What types of wine grapes are used in Moldovan wine?

2) What is Moldovan wine famous for? Red, white, or bubbly? All of the above.

3) What are your favorite Moldovan wine labels?

Tagging our wine Local Guides fans to learn more about your country's rich wine history Ermes @helga19 @Julien44 @AlejandraMaria @davidhyno @Giuseppe75 @FaridTDF @TorM @LuigiZ 

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

Thank you for tagging me @KarenVChin.and for sharing the link of Moldovan wine where I learnt that around 70 % of its variety is of white wine. 

I would love to learn more about this fantastic wine well that I discover thanks to this nice post by @KristinaIBRA.

Connect Moderator

Thank you for the tag @KarenVChin, really appreciated as I also didn't know before about the existence of Moldavian wines, never happened to find one of them so curious about their characteristics.

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

Level 8

Hi @KarenVChin 

Interesting topic full of informations and nice photos.

Regards from Slovakia.

Karol

Karol Tomasch
Level 10

@Giuseppe75 Yes, is pretty cool

I gonna write new posts about wine cellars ))

Kristina Ibragimova