AniaKiser's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Who would like to live in an art gallery? Street art heaven in Gdansk- Zaspa, Poland.

Very Lovely captures of the street Arts @AniaKiser .

Level 9

Re: Who would like to live in an art gallery? Street art heaven in Gdansk- Zaspa, Poland.

That's wonderful you had an opportunity to visit Poland @AdamGT .🙂 I truly love Krakow and Zakopane has a unique atmosphere for sure! I'm going to prepare posts about street art in Krakow, Katowice, Warszawa i Lodz, so stay tuned 😉

Level 9

Thank you @karinchavoll and yes, I know it's very challenging to paint on such huge surfaces! The artists there did an awesome work 😃

Connect Moderator

Acutally @AniaKiser I have been in Gdansk some years ago, as we had a work related event in a fancy hotel in Sopot. But I definitely need to go there again together with my wife, who is very much interested in minerals and gemstones and would therefore love to visit the region to search for amber (bernstein) - finding it is so much more fun than just buying it in a tourist shop (where you also have no guarantee to have a real one instead of a plastic fake).

Taking a walk in that part of town to explore the murals will then obviously be a scheduled activity too - thx for sharing this.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 9

@CAAG1959 Thank you so much for sharing street art exemples from Urugway,they are stunning! 😍 It's good to know that in your country murals are quite popular, too. You can write your own post to share the art from Urugway with Local Guides community, if you do this, don't forget to tag me 🙂

Saludos desde Polonia!

Level 9

Hello @BorrisS . Yes, it was my first time in this open-air gallery in Gdansk and I can't wait to go back, as I haven't spotted all murals and of course I hope walls will be painted soon! 

My favorite mural style is represented by Smugone, whose paintings are like photos (his work is so realistic), Insane51, who creates murals like X-ray images (you have to use the 3D glasses to see what it represents), and again 3D combined with realism performing by outstanding Odeith 😍 Unfortunately none of these artists haven't created anything in Gdansk-Zaspa so far.

I'm so glad you're a fan of street art, too, so I encourage you to check my other street art posts Murals on wooden barnsMurals from my home city  as well as my friends' @ChanneLing (she writes great posts about murals), street art in Minsk, Belarus by @OlgaKlimchik  and post Street Art of Frankston from @PaulPavlinovich, with who we had an interesting virtual meet up "LG Who Love Street Art" 

Level 9

I used to spend every summer in Gdansk, visiting my aunt, so I know "Three Cities (Gdansk,Gdynia and Sopot) quite well, @JanVanHaver . However, I've never tried "amber hunt". I've heard the best time to look for it is the time after a storm, is it true? I know there is a "World Championship in Amber Hunting" in Jantar (42 km from Gdansk) annually and a small, but interesting Museum Of Amber in Stegna (52 km from Gdansk), next to Jantar. If you plan to visit Gdansk next year, let me know, probably I will be there for my one week holiday again 🙂

Level 9

@DebadattaMeher Thank you  😊 Have you ever spotted any murals from the place you have visited or your neighborhood?

Level 9

Level 9

@Tushar_Suradkar Oh yes, this district you are telling about is outstanding 😍 I had an opportunity to join a virtual meet up Virtual tour of street art in India by @Explore_Keshav , that was super interesting and full of beautiful murals. As well I read your post about Lodi, I wish I could visit it one day 😊