AniaKiser's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Street art heaven in Bielsko-Biala, Poland / Stories behind graffiti

The night owl street art.The night owl street art.

Today I would like to share with you beautiful street art, located in my home town Bielsko-Biala, Poland. I could have noticed there were many people who liked this kind of art, so it encouraged me to share even more photos with you, Local Guides. You can check my other posts about street art I've post on Connect Street art heaven in San Francisco, CA and Street art heaven in San Jose, CA , The extraordinary street art heaven in Polish villages 

Feel free to visit my Instagram profile with street art collection @streetart.heaven 

The old man with a bird.The old man with a bird.

Street art has got its advantages and disadvantages. One of the "dark sides" is a temporariness of these paintings. The mural with the old man and the bird (you can see above) is already gone. I took this photo some time ago and when I was preparing this post for you, I discovered this wall is completely plain right now. It made me sad, but at the same time, now I really expect another great artwork to be shown in the same place.

Some of the murals tell stories, some were made for a reason. In this post, I would like to share with you examples of a few street arts I know why they look like this.

The shepherd with his lamb street art.The shepherd with his lamb street art.

The woman with flower crown and butterflies.The woman with flower crown and butterflies.

The woman with a potted plant street art.The woman with a potted plant street art.

Some of the murals in Bielsko-Biala present the history of my home town. Below you can imagine yourself in the city streets years ago when we used to have trams here, less car traffic and even "Radio" mural!!! This one is like a postcard from the past. I love it!

Bielsko-Biala streets in the past mural.Bielsko-Biala streets in the past mural.

Here the artist wanted to present the most famous buildings and monuments as toys, what children can play with. In the first photo on the left, there is our symbol of the city - a small car called "Maluch"/"The Little One"/ "Toddler" (Fiat 126p), which was being produced here till 2000.

The children playing with Bielsko-Biala symbols and monuments graffiti part 1The children playing with Bielsko-Biala symbols and monuments graffiti part 1

The children playing with Bielsko-Biala symbols and monuments graffiti part 2The children playing with Bielsko-Biala symbols and monuments graffiti part 2

The children playing with Bielsko-Biala symbols and monuments graffiti part 3The children playing with Bielsko-Biala symbols and monuments graffiti part 3

Bielsko-Biala used to be an industrial city, especially was famous, because of the textiles craft and you can notice that on this following mural.

The industrial style mural.The industrial style mural.

When I was a child the most popular TV cartoons in Poland were produced in my city, in the cartoon movies studio. Till now there is a mural with the most famous cartoon characters - "Reksio", "Bolek and Lolek", "Pampalini", and Wawel Dragon.  

The famous comic figures from the cartoon movie studio on its front wall.The famous comic figures from the cartoon movie studio on its front wall.

My home town is located just by the Beskidy mountains and I'm so happy there is a part of street art, which does not forget about our original roots, folk, and tradition. 

Have you got any painting you like and you are familiar with the story behind it? I would love to read about it, please share this story with us in the comment section below.

The cottage house in the mountains and sheep on the grass.The cottage house in the mountains and sheep on the grass.

The mountain goat painted on the block of flats wall.The mountain goat painted on the block of flats wall.

The highlander with his sheep, playing the traditional instrument, in the mountains.The highlander with his sheep, playing the traditional instrument, in the mountains.

The folk lace pattern mural.The folk lace pattern mural.

Collage of three different wall paintings.Collage of three different wall paintings.

Collage of three colorful parts of the same wall.Collage of three colorful parts of the same wall.

Collage of three murals.Collage of three murals.

Mural on the shopping mall's wallMural on the shopping mall's wall

platki (1).jpg

You can find more information, about authors and their concepts,  (text in English and in Polish) here: Murale in Bielsko-Biała with the exact location of each mural, marked on the city map.

Bielsko-Biała, Polska
31 comments
Level 9

Re: Street art heaven in Bielsko-Biala, Poland

@AniaKiser 

Good photos. 

Keep it up👍

{Simplicity Is My Identity}
Connect Moderator

Oh, the next fantastic post about street art @AniaKiser from you!

Thank you.

----

Please remember, that the amount of photos is limited on Localguidesconnect. It would be good to insert a link to a google photo book 😉

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 8

Really interesting post @AniaKiser .

Nice photos and nice murales too.

Level 9

Wow! that's impressive! @AniaKiser 

★  Guiding Stars 2021   ★  My Footprints   ★  Instagram 

Former Google Contributor

Hello @AniaKiser,

Thank you for sharing these amazing photos with us. How long did it take you to get all these pictures?

Are these illustrations in the same district or a bit everywhere around the city?

I'm sharing with you a photo of a street art illustration in Sofia. 

Caption: A photo of a street art in Sofia, Bulgaria. (Local Guide @BorrisS)Caption: A photo of a street art in Sofia, Bulgaria. (Local Guide @BorrisS)

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 9

Re: Street art heaven in Bielsko-Biala, Poland / Stories behind graffiti

@TorM Thank you. Yes, I know I can post only 1000 photos on Connect, it's sad, but thank to @IshantHP_ig I'm already aware of this restriction 😉

@BorrisS All these paintings in my post are located around the city and it doesn't take that much time to see them all if you know the exact location. The more important issue is that as you can find them now, but for example next year they might be gone. 🙄

@OliverKIWI@KishorMali@raffaele_guidolin Thanks a lot for your comments!

Level 8

This is a beautiful post @AniaKiser. Loved all these street arts spreading nice feelings.

Level 9

Hi @AniaKiser 

Thanks for the reply 🙂

Your post is awesome, and i really love the street art, kudos for the artists.

But kindly remember about the limitation of photos, better to upload some of your best shots and remaining photos you can put in the Google photos link.

Level 10

@AniaKiser They are wonderful, I like such style of graffiti. One day I will share Minsk graffiti with you, I gather photos now. 

It's really pity when such beauty disappears one day.