AniaKiser's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

The extraordinary street art heaven in Polish villages.

Painting on the barn that shows a man on his motorcycle.Painting on the barn that shows a man on his motorcycle.

For those Local Guides who are familiar with my posts about street art this one can be quite different. As murals are usually associated with cities, especially big ones, in this post I would like to show you something different-  'murals' on wooden barns, that you can find not in metropolis, but in quiet villages in Poland. 

The Polish artist  Arkadiusz Andrejkow started this original project in 2017, which it's called "The Silent Memorial" (in Polish "Cichy memoriał "). Most of these 'murals' you can find in Subcarpathian region in Poland. He paints copies of black and white old family photos, that he usually gets from the farm owner where the next mural is planned. Most of his artworks need only one day to be created.  Each painting has got its own story. People willingy share their memories with the artist. Sometimes on the street art there is a grandfather on his beloved motorcycle, sometimes there are family members, who built this particulary farm. In my eyes this idea is beautiful, because in this form the artist is saving the history from oblivion, people pay a tribute to the ancestry for their hard agricultural work. Some of Arkadiusz Andrejkow artworks do not show sharp facial features, what for me it's a kind of symbol, like these people would be between life and death; they could have passed away, but in our memories they will stay alive...

Painting on a wooden barn with a man on the left and a woman on the right, sitting on the bench.Painting on a wooden barn with a man on the left and a woman on the right, sitting on the bench.

Mural on the wooden barn showing a group on women.Mural on the wooden barn showing a group on women.

Wooden barn with a black and white painting presenting a group of people.Wooden barn with a black and white painting presenting a group of people.

Two men with a kid painted on the barn.Two men with a kid painted on the barn.

Painting showing a group of men on the front door of the wooden barn.Painting showing a group of men on the front door of the wooden barn.

Painting of a young couple on the wooden barn.Painting of a young couple on the wooden barn.

Barn wall with a painting presenting the family.Barn wall with a painting presenting the family.

This kind of art is something new for me, as I haven't found so far anything similar to these paintings. Maybe you have spotted an art like this? Please share your experience (and if possible photos) in comments below. I would really appreciate that 🙂

The image of a group of people on the barn wall.The image of a group of people on the barn wall.

If you are interested in more street art photos, please check my Instagram profile streetart.heaven or my other post on Connect Street art heaven in Bielsko-Biala,Poland , Street art heaven in San Francisco,

Street art heaven in San Jose .

Haczów, Polska
35 comments
Level 5

رد: The extraordinary street art heaven in Polish villages.

👏👏👌

Thank you for sharing

Level 8

Bls: The extraordinary street art heaven in Polish villages.

Amazing, this is the first time I saw a painting on a wooden barn. I feel like something is familiar, but I don't know what that is! Thank you for sharing @AniaKiser 

Level 9

Re: The extraordinary street art heaven in Polish villages.

Wow amazing art ! Thank you so much for sharing !

Check and follow me as Local Guide on Google Maps
I'm a Local Guide because I love #help #share #discover #travel

I'm from Lausanne, Switzerland and live in Vevey, Switzerland
Other content here : Application video 2020 | My Connect Live 2019 experience| christophesubilia.com | Instagram

#frenchlocalguides
Level 8

Wow! Those wooden houses can also be painted. I thought only the cement walls were painted by artists. Nice captures @AniaKiser 

#TEAMINDIA
#TEAMMAHARASHTRA
Level 10

I know you love great street arts and murals. I have seen that of San Jose haven and San Francisco you shared, very lovely and these ones too are beautiful. I love the nice concept that they are on wooden structures. It's pretty decent and the first time I'm seeing murals on wood. Awesome @AniaKiser 

Isaac
Connect Moderator

This is the first time I am seeing wooden background being used for street murals  but still they look nice @AniaKiser 

~Greetings from New Delhi

Connect Moderator

This is indeed extraordinary@AniaKiser 

Your passion for exploring street art is just so amazing! I am already fan of the murals you share 

Can't wait to go out and explore some around Mumbai ☺️

Level 10

Namaskar..

@AniaKiser 

Thanks for Sharing amezing art on wooden, realy appreciating those artist..

Former Google Contributor

Hi @AniaKiser,

Thanks for another great post on street art. I am amazed by the amount of wonderful masterpieces I have found here on Connect, from all around the world, thanks to you, @ChanneLing@PaulPavlinovich and many others! 🙂

For anyone else interested in seeing more street art, I suggest to start from this great collection: City Graffiti & Street Art: The Full Collection!  

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!