Hiroto_Tokyo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

What is the most interesting thing you've done as a Local Guide : Rediscovering my identity as Japan

Hello.

My Name is Hiroto in Tokyo Japan.

dinner with my Google Local Guide's friendsdinner with my Google Local Guide's friends

Many people who know Japan often visit Kyoto and Nara.

Or, in Tokyo, Akihabara, Harajuku and Shibuya are also well known.

Have you ever heard of Kamakura?

Kamakura is a small town located on the south side of Tokyo.

I knew the name Kamakura, and I also knew that there were famous shrines and temples there.

It's not a world heritage site, so for me, it was a place I would go once every few years or not.

But after I knew Goolge Local Guide, my mind was change.

I was a heavy user of Google Maps, so I immediately started working as a Google Local Guide.

Until that time, I had only used Google Maps for eating, but by changing my perspective, I was able to enjoy it in various ways.

One of them is the discovery of the shrines and temples in Kamakura.

There are approximately 81,000 shrines and 77,256 temples in Japan.

The total is 158,000 shrines and temples, which is more than the number of convenience stores that exist in Japan.

We love going to museums when we go on trips.

For example, if you go to Russia, it's like the Hermitage Museum, if you go to France, it's like the Louvre.

I haven't really tried to go to the local culture or historic sites until I know Google Local Guide. Old people love the local culture and historic sites though.

For one thing, we have an interest and longing for an unknown culture.

However, I found that directing that same passion to the local culture and historic sites was an affirmation of my identity.

That's the great benefit of Google Local Guides.

Once, I decided to tour Kamakura as a Google Local Guide while looking at Google Map, so I went.

Many people are interested in Kyoto and Nara because they are recognized as World Heritage Sites.

Kamakura is not a world heritage site, but it is a very quaint town.

The most famous shrine in Kamakura is Tsuruoka Hachiman Shrine.

However, there are so many unique and historical shrines and temples in Kamakura that surpass them all!

This is Zeniarai Benzaiten Shrine.

Entrance to Zeniarai Benzaiten ShrineEntrance to Zeniarai Benzaiten ShrineWash money in a cave.Wash money in a cave.

Zeniarai Benzaiten Shrine is located in the middle of the mountain, through the entrance of a cave dug in stone.
There is a legend that if you wash your money at this shrine and then spend it on various things, the money will be returned to you many times over.

And This is Houkokuji Temple.

The Bamboo Forest of Hokokuji TempleThe Bamboo Forest of Hokokuji TempleThe Bamboo Forest of Hokokuji TempleThe Bamboo Forest of Hokokuji TempleThe Garden of Hokokuji TempleThe Garden of Hokokuji TempleJizo of Hokokuji TempleJizo of Hokokuji Temple

Houkokuji Temple is on the outskirts of Kamakura, but it's very quiet and makes you forget the hustle and bustle of the city.

As you enter this temple, you naturally feel as if time has slowed down.

And this is Sugimotodera Temple.

Moss stairway in Sugimotodera TempleMoss stairway in Sugimotodera Temple

Sugimotodera Temple is very famous for its mossy staircase.

The city of Kamakura is one piece of art.

And at the end of our walk through the city, we'll have a delicious dinner with my friends!

A good time with friends is irreplaceable for anything.

Dinner with my Google Local Guide's FriendsDinner with my Google Local Guide's FriendsDelicious seafoodDelicious seafood

Google Local Guide teaches me to know my identity once again.

And by getting to know my city, I wanted to know the world even more.

I am really looking forward to meeting Google Local Guide from another country at Connect Live 2020.

Thank you for reading.

Zeniarai Benzaiten Shrine, 2丁目-25-16 佐助 鎌倉市 神奈川県 日本
17 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: What is the most interesting thing you've done as a Local Guide : Rediscovering my identity as J

@Hiroto_Tokyo さん

先程別のところでご挨拶しましたが改めまして、ようこそローカルガイドコネクトへ。

そして申込みお疲れさまでした。素晴らしい写真と活動ですね!当選していることをお祈りしています。

ぜひ当選発表までの期間もローカルガイドコネクトをご利用になってみて下さい。

コネクトには全国各地の日本人ローカルガイドがいますので、ぜひ交流も楽しんでいってください。
こちらには日本人ローカルガイド向けの便利情報をまとめてありますので、参考にして下さい。
日本人ローカルガイドのためのお役立ち情報

こちらで日本語での自己紹介もしてみませんか?よろしくお願いします:-)

Level 10

Re: What is the most interesting thing you've done as a Local Guide : Rediscovering my identity as J

@HiroyukiTakisawa さん

ありがとうございます!!

とりあえず申し込みは終わりましたー☆

後は当選を祈るのみですー☆

便利情報の共有もありがとうございます!!

自己紹介もチャレンジしています!!

Level 8

Thank you for sharing! I have not been to Kamakura yet, but have travelled a lot in Japan. Next time we will go and see the beautiful temples there!

Level 10

@Istillwannahavefun 
Thank you for your comment!! 
I appreciate it!

Come to Kamakura!
You will enjoy Japanese culture!!

thanks a lot!

Level 8

Hi @Hiroto_Tokyo when we can next travel we will come and see Kamakura. I love to explore new areas, especially in Japan!

Level 10

@Istillwannahavefun 

That's Great!!
You must love it!!!!

Level 8

回應: What is the most interesting thing you've done as a Local Guide : Rediscovering my identity as J

@Hiroto_Tokyo 感謝你詳實的記錄了關於鎌倉的寺廟,並以便利商店做為有趣而生動的比喻。每個寺廟背後一定都有其典故,缺乏記錄往往將面臨凋零,繼續保持並期待你更多的分享!

Shawn Wu
From Taiwan.
Join Local Guide from Jun. 2015
Level 10

回應: What is the most interesting thing you've done as a Local Guide : Rediscovering my identity as J

@ShawnWu 

Thanks a lot!!!
镰仓是个好地方,我推荐大家至少去一次。

Level 8

Thank you sharing this @Hiroto_Tokyo. I have never heard about Kamakura before eventhough I like learning about Japan and Japanese culture. Kamakura is a beautiful place.

Goodluck with your application!