ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Tips and tricks to manage the photos in Connect

Thanks for that tip @ErmesT . I didn't know that difference. I did notice duplicates in my album but I just thought that's the way it was. So what do you think might be the reason that there are duplicates in the album? I don't remember adding them twice....

Connect Moderator

I will try to give you a short answer, @MariaNgo , because a detailed explanation may take a long time 🙂

In the past the photos were uploaded in your album when writing a post. If while writing you changed your mind, deleted a photo and uploaded the same photo again, maybe in another position, the photo was stored twice.

A few month ago an invisible modification changed this process. Now a photo is temporary stored in your draft, and will be uploaded in the album only when you press the "post" button.

All the circled photos in this screenshot aren't used

ermest_0-1637674605251.png

Level 10

Wow! @ErmesT  Thank you so so much for all that work you've done to help me solve this problem and explaining why and finding my duplicates. Now I can confidently delete the ones I know aren't used. I wasn't sure before if I was going to be deleting the wrong ones. You are indeed a champ! I'll delete them when I'm next in my laptop and go through my album. Thank you again. Really really appreciate your help. 

Connect Moderator

You are welcome @MariaNgo , happy to help.

If you are in doubt, click on the photo before to delete it.

If the photo is used in some post, the link to the post will be visible just under the photo

Level 10

@ErmesT  ok. Thanks soooo much! 

Level 10

@ErmesT I've managed to get rid of about 60 photos from my collection by creating collages for them where I could. But it took me 2.5 hours to do that -  download photos, create collages, upload to post, remove unused photos from post, remove unused photos from collection. And that was only ONE post. LOL. Will have more work to go. 

Connect Moderator

You are on the safe side @MariaNgo , far away from 1000 photos, so you can take it easy.

Another trick would be to "embed your photo", so that the photo will not be counted in Connect.

The photo here below is stored on my Google photos account. The difference is that you cannot click on the photo, but if you want to se it in full resolution you can "open the image in another tab". This photo does not count towards my photo limit, and there is no size limit. If you are interested in following this procedure just let me know

Level 10

@ErmesT Yes, I'd like to find out how to do that. It could come in very useful. 

And I just remembered to go back and check my album for those deleted failed collages I created and didn't use. So now I know I'll be  alert to it and make sure I don't have duplicates. 

Connect Moderator