SholaIB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

TRAC-2months record 8,913 Roads.

Caption: The list of all 51 local guides participating in the TRAC event. The blue indicator shows @ErmesT an able connect moderator and active local guide as the highest contributor with 1,520 roads for this time. The other two arrows indicates the 2 distinguished local guides who started from zero and now in 2 months have hundreds of roads drawn. Courtesy @LovePathak28 the co-host and @SholaIB the host.Caption: The list of all 51 local guides participating in the TRAC event. The blue indicator shows @ErmesT an able connect moderator and active local guide as the highest contributor with 1,520 roads for this time. The other two arrows indicates the 2 distinguished local guides who started from zero and now in 2 months have hundreds of roads drawn. Courtesy @LovePathak28 the co-host and @SholaIB the host.

Caption. The continuation of list of participants. The total number of roads drawn on TRAC in 2 months 8,913. Special congratulations to all the participants and thank you. Courtesy @LovePathak28  and @SholaIB the host TRAC events.Caption. The continuation of list of participants. The total number of roads drawn on TRAC in 2 months 8,913. Special congratulations to all the participants and thank you. Courtesy @LovePathak28 and @SholaIB the host TRAC events.

Hello Local guides and dear highly esteemed mappers,

It's high time we announced or give an account of how our 3Thousand-roads-add-campaign-2023-TRAC.  Is going. It's exactly 2 months agio since we started this collective road drawing initiative and event.Amazing to say that it is going very well and we are advancing. Nevertheless,we keep calling for more local-guides to come and participate. There is room for more and all to contribute and add more roads to the maps.

As you all know we reached our First 3,000 Road target on TRAC.  We did that in the space of a month. It was so fast and efficient. Then we announced our  TRAC-Next-Move-and-Target-Add-10k-Roads.  We are well underway with it. Infact we are about 80% done so we don't know what next to do. This time we need to set a very high target. Anyone has any innovations or advice for us will be welcome.  

Special announcements

For now @ErmesT is leading the trails with 1,520 roads in 2 months. Although we are aware that he has crossed the 4k milestones on roads!!! 

@LovePathak28 the co-host is directly the 2nd runner up with 1,286 roads.

@NareshDarji  is the 3rd road champion with 1.214 road

We have other promising and upcoming winners too @HsRawal , @Rakshi2 , @Lukas_ , @JustJake , @jayasimha78 @OssianLore @SamsonS etc. Tag limit reached so please bear with us.

Our overall road ccounts for the 2nd month = 8,913 roads on Google maps.

It's a community effort,so thank you local guides. Congratulations to all.

What should I do to participate ???

• The rules hasn't changed at all. Kindly fill out the form  to indicate interest to participate.
  • Your connect username must be clearly filled in the form for contact purposes.
  • Geographical location 
  • A screenshot of your initial road count before adding roads to participate in TRAC event must be attached to the form.
  • Join the telegram chat group for interactions outside connect.
  • Submit 
  • Start drawing roads.

Disclaimer This campaign or post about adding roads, is unofficial and it's my personal initiative to help improve the maps. Note that any information collected will not be used for any other official purpose outside connect forum.

Look forward to active participation and interactions over this. All questions are highly welcome and we are open to improving and editing this campaign for good.

FEATURING......

The next post will be featuring 2 local guides who started from zero to Hero on drawing roads. Please watch out for it. It could inspire you to make a start on drawing roads.

Please note that we have reached our target and the campaign is closed for 2023. (12th Sept 2023)

Happy mapping 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Monrovia, Liberia
8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: TRAC-2months record 8,913 Roads.

OMG, @SholaIB , I'm deeply impressed.

When on the first TRAC I said that 3000 was a too easy target I wasn't expecting to reach almost 90% of our second goal in two months.

Funny, after a few days of a frozen counter, today Maps updated the road count twice, so if you check again the data, @LovePathak28 , you will see that we are extremely close to 9000.

Thanks to everyone who wanted to join the challenge. I hope more people will join us to improve the presence of roads in Google Maps.

A special personal congratulation to @MarcoDavoli , that starting from scratch contributed with more than 10% of the roads actually added. This is amazing. Bravo 👏👏👏

Congratulations to all the contributors. You are changing the world 

Connect Moderator

Yes @ErmesT 

I realise that the updates has just come again.  Infact many of my pending edits are getting through approvals and otherwise which am happy about. 

Yes I hardly know what target to fix next as the AI could go this way or that way. We as well as the AI are learning together. I feel bold and brave to have you and @NareshDarji on the team. @LovePathak28 is a fierce competitor too. He is very detail conscious as well which is super good. There are many others too.

Am afraid the Google staff on the roads section will have a job or already have a job on their hands. Hoping for more local guides to join the campaign amd create more awareness on roads. Four more months to go. Thank you ErmesT we appreciate your help in and off connect. Congratulations on your 4k !!!

Happy mapping 

Cheers 

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 10

Congratulations to all. Hope we will reach the target very soon. Btw @SholaIB you have also added more than 1100 roads still you didn't mentioned yourself. You are our host as well as a top road mapper. Only 5 people crossed the 1k mark in this campaign in which you are one of them. 

Jai Shree Ram - Happy Guiding

Connect Moderator

Hello @LovePathak28 

Thank you for your very nice comments and support all the time. Well appreciated.

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 10

Thanks for such a comprehensive update @SholaIB , and well done to everyone who has contributed. Special pat on the back for @ErmesT for a massive amount of road segments in one month, I know just how many edits and how much time would have been required in order to have that amount approved! And nobody should feel disheartened if they haven't yet seen the number of edit approvals they might have hoped for, the process can take months and a whole raft of approvals can come in all at once. If anyone wants any help or advice on getting edits approved remember there's some good user written resources here on Connect, and everyone is always happy to help answer any questions you want to ask.

Level 10

What an incredible run, @SholaIB & @LovePathak28. I'm still holding my modest goal of hitting 400 total, and I'm getting very close. But, with how many are stuck in pending, I might need to adjust my goal to 500. Happy that my (comparatively) modest contribution is making an impact.

JustJake TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

Wow, that's great! 

I am really happy that my old edits are getting approved. The constant pending and not approved edits were getting a bit frustrating but I am very happy to suddenly get many edits approved at once. @SholaIB and @LovePathak28 

Congratulations to all contributors. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

I'm join your group 👍