SholaIB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

TRAC Next Move and Target,Add 10k Roads

Caption: A banner for the new TRAC event  target made up of a screenshot from drawing roads on Google maps. A sign of a pin on a map and the words TRAC 10k new road target next move  arrow pointing up on graphical bars !!!Caption: A banner for the new TRAC event target made up of a screenshot from drawing roads on Google maps. A sign of a pin on a map and the words TRAC 10k new road target next move arrow pointing up on graphical bars !!!

Hello again dear mappers and all local guides alike,

Our 3Thousand-roads-add-campaign-2023-TRAC.   is going super better than I ever estimated. Imagine we made our estimated 3k target in a month.   despite the challenges at different levels. That was super good and fast.Thank you to all our numerous participants and very active members. This Campaign.   is scheduled to last for 6 months March-Sepember 2023 and we have only done a month of adding roads.

• Some of the Lgs and even @EmekaUlor  have asked me, Shall we relax since we have reached the 3k target??? The answer is NO !!! We will plan to continue our initiative of adding roads on Google maps. If you search the maps constantly like myself and some other very active local guides do,there are thousands of un-mapped places and roads on the maps. We will not leave them un-mapped. Wonder can I officially invite @MortenCopenhagen @OssianLore @SanjayBDLG. @SadmanRafid and other active local guides to please join this interesting train. It can Foster community participation and esprit de Corp 🤝🏻

Therefore we have increased our target from 3,000 to 10,000. That's the next and new task ahead of us now please take note.. I have personally enjoyed learning and studying roads on the maps these few weeks. I have also enjoyed working with fellow local guides and moderators alike. Especially working with @LovePathak28 my co-host. As a result of the increased new target,we are still inviting all local guides at every level and country to please join the TRAC event  to build a better road network on Google maps. We also gently urge older participants to please be more active and work together as a team and community of local guides.

What should I do to participate ???

• The rules hasn't changed at all. Kindly fill out the form  to indicate interest to participate.
  • Your connect username must be clearly filled in the form for contact purposes.
  • Geographical location 
  • A screenshot of your initial road count before adding roads to participate in TRAC event must be attached to the form.
  • Join the telegram group chat  for interactions outside connect.
  • Submit 
  • Start drawing roads.

Can I join even when I haven't added roads before now?

• The answer is yes you can join. We have at least 2 local-guides on the event, who have never ever added any roads before now. Now they have over a hundred roads added to the maps 
  • So you can join and learn how to it too. We all learnt it,we live and learn.

Is this a competition by Google or anyone?

• The answer is NO it is not. This is not a competition it's a simple campaign. It is aimed at creating awareness on drawing roads. It's also aimed at improving the maps worldwide. There are  no gift or medals at the end of the campaign.it's a voluntary activity like all local guides activities.

• We will plan to publish top 5 highest contributors at the end of the event.

Disclaimer This campaign or post about adding roads, is unofficial and it's my personal initiative to help improve the maps. Note that any information collected will not be used for any other official purpose outside connect forum.

Look forward to active participation and interactions over this. All questions are highly welcome and we are open to improving and editing this campaign for good.

N.B in addition to other articles, @ErmesT wrote My-tips-for-adding-roads-in-Google-Maps . Its worth reading I've read it myself. Thanks 

Please note that we have reached our target and the campaign is closed for 2023. (12th Sept 2023)

Happy mapping 

Signed @SholaIB host

@LovePathak28 Co-host.

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Monrovia, Liberia
22 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: TRAC Next Move and Target,Add 10k Roads

Caption: A list of all participants in TRAC 2023 event. Notice the aggregate number of roads added  4,109 as at today 30th April 2023. About 6,000 roads to go !!!Caption: A list of all participants in TRAC 2023 event. Notice the aggregate number of roads added 4,109 as at today 30th April 2023. About 6,000 roads to go !!!

List of all participants and data from our activities so far. Over 4k now !!!

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

Level 10

Count me in 👍

Level 8

Hello @SholaIB 

Sir can I submit the form again. I have already joined in 3,000 roads then now also need to rejoin in 10,000 roads

| Find my Maps contributions here.
Connect Moderator

So exciting and inspiring to see that the road adding campaign is going great guns.

Congratulations dear @SholaIB on this achievement,

More power to you for the next milestone.

Level 10

@Rakshi2 There is no need of filling the form again. Those who have joined this campaign early are already our participants.

Jai Shree Ram - Happy Guiding

Connect Moderator

@EmekaUlor 

Thanks we already have you on but we will need more participation and help from your skilled contributions.

@OssianLore Great you are planning to be with us.  We definitely welcome you with open hands. With you on board our target might increase again Lol. 

@Tushar_Suradkar You know I always appreciate you even from former first days on connect. Thank you for commenting. Pass the news on to any LG in your locality that might be interested.

@Rakshi2 yes you are already participating thank you. Just continue adding roads that's all.  Thanks 

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 10

Thanks @SholaIB it was really nice of you to consider me, thanks to everyone for the warm welcome, looking forward to helping you reach your goal

Connect Moderator

Finally, we together achieved our first milestone and I'm sure before the end of this month we will also complete this new milestone @SholaIB 

All the best to all participants. 

Let's make map more helpful. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.