Connect Moderator

#StateChallenge California

#StateChallenge California

California

California, USA

August 07, 2020 @ 17:00 (PDT)

Have you ever been to California?

Why would you want to visit California?

Let's talk and learn about the state of California!! Former California resident, Local Guide and Connect Moderator @PaulPavlinovich will be joining us as our co-host!

In this California virtual meet-up, we will:
-- Learn why people visit
-- Learn about the geography
-- Learn about fun facts

During this 30-minute virtual meet-up, we will have a trivia quiz with questions pulled from California #StateChallenge articles published by the deadline of 8/6. You do not have to study for the trivia quiz unless you really want to.

Our goal is to share information to educate everyone on how every state has something to offer for visitors... and to have fun!

MEET-UP AGENDA
1. Join meet-up.
2. Introduce each other via chat.
3. Explain the rules of the trivia quiz (which are simple - type in your answer after the question has been voiced and displayed in the chat).
4. Trivia quiz.

MEET-UP LOGISTICS
1. RSVP & ask your questions in the Connect post before the meet-up.
2. Meet link will be posted before our 8/7 virtual meet-up.
3. Join the meet-up 10 minutes early. We will start on time.

This trivia meetup is another installment of the #StateChallenge Meetups from Team USA, hosted by @Kwiksatik and @Denise_Barlock.

RSVP here

California, USA
18 comments
Level 10

Re: #StateChallenge California

Waowo! it's another valuable meetup @Kwiksatik I hope to be able to participate in a meetup with you. Thanks for sharing.

I promised, if I survive that time! Then of course I will attend this meetup.

Screenshot_20200727-202651_Chrome.jpg

Omar

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Connect Moderator

This meet-up goes for a whole day @Kwiksatik bring it :).

See you there. 

People might be wondering why an Aussie is co hosting a meet-up about California? Join the meet-up and find out :).

Paul

Connect Moderator

Hi @Kwiksatik 

Indeed, it's not 30 minutes... Could you please check it. 

I've put it to my Calendar and will try to join to have a fun with you guys!

Connect Moderator

@JaneBurunina - we give everyone the option to drop out at the 30 minute mark for scoring, but we have blocked out an hour so that people can opt to remain longer if there are any questions left or discussions to have.

Can't wait to see you again!!!

Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

hi @Kwiksatik  I was waiting to this state for so long, is my favorite! Specially my heart is in Los Angeles, I been there so many times in the last years that I think I know everything about it ( just my feelings, maybe is not true)

In this my first year as a Local Guide I wrote many post of this place. Can I tag all of them?

Greetings.

Silvy 🇦🇷

Connect Moderator

My favourite place in Los Angeles isn't strictly in Los Angeles @SilvyC but you can see it from nearly everywhere in the city. I love to visit the Mt Wilson Telescope high above the city. There are both traditional optical telescopes up there, modern computer imaging and a solar observatory. I don't really follow the skies, its the engineering of the place that attracts me. Two retired engineer friends of mine are volunteers up there and whenever I'm in town I usually go up the mountain with them to get into some sort of fun greasy maintenance job. Imagine changing a tyre on one these babies. These hold up the massive dome and let it rotate.

Observatory dome wheelsObservatory dome wheels

Paul

Connect Moderator

@PaulPavlinovich at first I thought you were talking about Griffith observatory, I love this park, but not, I didn't know about Mt Wilson Telescope, I was checking on Maps (of course haha) and is near to Pasadena City (I spent a day in this city and I didn't like it). I've never seen a tour to this place from Los Angeles. 

Connect Moderator