JarettC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Software

Anyone know what software to use with an original gear 360 (2016 1st gen) to create 360 tours? I can capture the images, but with street view going away, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to buy a new camera just for the software, but that doesn't make sense to me. Is there software out there people are already using and what? Thanks! 

4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Software

@JarettC

I'm afraid you will need to use one of the paid apps or web services to connect 360 images.  Or maybe one of them us still free. I forgot which one it is. 

Cheers 

Morten 

Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

Hi @JarettC 

The possibility to connect photosphere was removed from the SV App long time ago.

The official help page is in any case answers to your question. From Create & publish Photo Spheres to Google Maps "

You can upload individual Photo Spheres to Google Maps the same way you publish flat images by using the Google Maps app, or the Google Maps platform on your computer. You can also use apps made by other companies, which also allow you to link your Photo Spheres into connected indoor or outdoor virtual tours. Check the app maker’s website for instructions.

After you create links in the chosen tool and publish them to Google Maps, allow up to 4 days for processing to complete.

If you’re a developer, you can create your own tool with the Street View Publish API.

Tips:

• The list of 3rd party publishing tools featured on the Street View website is not exhaustive. There are multiple other apps with similar functionalities that you can find online.
  • Before you publish any Photo Spheres, make sure that they are:
    • At least 7.5 MP (4K) with a 2:1 aspect ratio
    • No more than 75 megabytes in size

As your camera should have a 30 MP output, it is perfectly fine to continue to use it

Former Google Contributor

Hi @JarettC,

I see you got great replies by the fellow Local Guides.

I just want to let you know that I will change the topic of your post to How-tos to keep Connect organized. This is the place where you can ask questions, share tips and feedback about Connect and the Local Guides program.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!