AnshukMitra's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Sajjangarh Biological Park - Paradise for Animal Lovers

Do you want to spend some quality time with nature to refresh your mind while remaining inside city limits since you're bored of the daily grind? If the answer is yes, then allow me to take you on a tour of one of Udaipur's most beautiful locations.

A biological park with beautiful green trees, several species of animals, and the Aravalli range's foothills may provide serenity to anyone's mind.
    I've visited Sajjangarh several times as a wildlife student, and I appreciate that it gives you and your family a tremendous opportunity to connect with nature, especially animals. It spans 36 hectares and sits at the crossroads of two other tourist attractions: Monsoon Palace and Sajjangarh Wildlife Sanctuary.

Caption: Sajjangarh Main Entrance, left one towards Bio Park & right one towards Monsoon Palace.Caption: Sajjangarh Main Entrance, left one towards Bio Park & right one towards Monsoon Palace.Caption: Accessible entrance of Sajjangarh Biological ParkCaption: Accessible entrance of Sajjangarh Biological Park

Just after entering you get to see this lovely view.Just after entering you get to see this lovely view.Caption: Look at the mesmerizing view.Caption: Look at the mesmerizing view.

IMG_20191011_121042_edited.jpgCaption: His large beautiful eyes and innocent approach made me spellbound. (Spotted deer: Chital)Caption: His large beautiful eyes and innocent approach made me spellbound. (Spotted deer: Chital)Caption: Lunch time for Mr. Sambhar Deer(Rusa unicolor)Caption: Lunch time for Mr. Sambhar Deer(Rusa unicolor)Caption: Can you spot Shyam & Mahek (Asiatic Lion & Lioness) enjoying sometime together.Caption: Can you spot Shyam & Mahek (Asiatic Lion & Lioness) enjoying sometime together.Caption: It's too hot so better stay under the shade of tree (Blackbuck, Antilope cervicapraCaption: It's too hot so better stay under the shade of tree (Blackbuck, Antilope cervicapra

Wait, are you getting bored? There is still more to come...

Caption: This sloth bear is doing what I am best at.Caption: This sloth bear is doing what I am best at.Caption: Meet Kumar - The Bengal Tiger who loves to sleep at his favourite bench.Caption: Meet Kumar - The Bengal Tiger who loves to sleep at his favourite bench.Caption: Me trying to imitate Kumar and performing poorly.Caption: Me trying to imitate Kumar and performing poorly.

Ah! Did I miss something? 🙃 Ups I forget to teach you guys about the paws and the skin.

Some tips to identify animalsSome tips to identify animalsStudy TimeStudy Time

Wait, wait, wait.... There is more to come....

Isn't it, Indian porcupine cute?Isn't it, Indian porcupine cute?Inspection time for Indian wolfInspection time for Indian wolfMr.Tortoise looking for something...Mr.Tortoise looking for something...Indian Gharial. Do you know they love fishes?Indian Gharial. Do you know they love fishes?Mugger Crocodiles busy in sun baskingMugger Crocodiles busy in sun baskingAh! I wish to meet her again.. JungleAh! I wish to meet her again.. Jungle

Uh! I hope you didn't get bored. Meet Indian leopard (most abundant big cat in India)Uh! I hope you didn't get bored. Meet Indian leopard (most abundant big cat in India)       

Here are some fascinating facts:

1. The park is home to T-24, also known as Ustad, a famous tiger who used to roam the jungles of Ranthambore and is the grandson of Ranthambore's most celebrated tiger, Machhli T-16.
2. It is the first augmented reality park in India.
3. It was built as a new home for the animals of gulab bagh zoo.
4. The Zoological park is home to about 100 animals of different species. (Numbers may vary)
5. In February 2021, the park welcomed a new tigress named Vidya from Chennai.

Amenities:

1. It is accessible to people with disabilities. There are slops in the park, and you can request a wheelchair from an employee at the entrance.
2. There are drinking fountains every 100 metres.
3. There is also a canteen where you can get a light lunch.
4. Golf carts may be rented for ₹400 and are useful for senior citizens and children who want to tour the biological park.
5. Visitor shelters for those who have walked a long distance and want some rest.

Key notes and tips for visitors:
1.Nearest Airport - Maharana Pratap Airport - 34 km

Nearest Railway Station - Udaipur City Railway Station  - 9 km
Nearest Bus Station - Udaipur Bus Stand - 8 km

2. Entry Fee - ₹37 (US$ 0.51) Indians 
                    & ₹300 (US$ 4.14) Foreigners
Professional Video Camera - ₹200 (US$ 2.7)
Goft Cart (for touring the park) - ₹400 (US$ 5.5)

3. Timing:- 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Note: Closed on Tuesday
Suggested season to visit: Between October and March.

4. Visit the park early in the morning; otherwise, you won't be able to see the majority of the animals. This is based on my own personal experience.
5. You can easily click great pictures of spotted deer, sambhar, and emu with your mobile phones because they stay close by, but if you want to take amazing pictures of tigers, lions, gharials, bear, and other animals, you will need a camera because they are sighted far away.
6. It takes half a day to tour the park, so plan accordingly.
7. Don't harass, feed, or throw any stuff at the animals.

I hope you enjoyed the virtual tour of the Sajjangarh Biological Park; keep tuned for more in-depth blogs in near future.

Stay Home, Stay Safe,

Anshuk.

Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
24 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Sajjangarh Biological Park - Paradise for Animal Lovers

Wohooo @AnshukMitra 

This is indeed a wildlife paradise !

It might have been a great experience to explore the nature and have a glace of wildlife, beautiful pictures and detialed information.

The park look beautiful and we'll maintained.

I would love to add this to my bucket list 🌟

Tagging @NareshDarji @TravellerG @Rohan10 to check this post 😁

Former Google Contributor

Hey @AnshukMitra,

Kudos for writing this post. I wish I could also visit there one day. It must be really a great feeling to go and explore different animals there.

I just wanted to let you know that your post would fit better in the Travel board as this is the place where everyone can share about their travel experiences or learn about different places around the world. Therefore, I've moved your post there.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

I was in Udaipur in 2018 but could not visit it as the park was closed for some reason that day, so I had to return after visiting Sajjangarh Monsoon Palace.

Through this post of yours, I got the privilege of indirectly enjoying Sajjangarh Biological Park which I enjoy @AnshukMitra .

Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures with us. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

Agree with @NareshDarji 

Nice tour of the park.

I too had visited the Sajjangarh Monsoon fort palace but wasn't aware of this bio-park.

Maybe next time 😉

Level 8

Yes @FalguniP buddy, you must add this place in your bucket list... 

There are many varieties of animal species which I couldn't add in this post which are equally great like star back tortoise, White Tiger, Indian Jackal etc.

पधारो म्हारे देस।😉

Anshuk.

Level 8

@AnshukMitra Thanks for sharing such a wonderful place with all of us. The pictures are beautiful. And you look great in the frame of tiger 😉.

Added to my wishlist.

Stay safe and happy.

Happy Guiding!

Level 10

@AnshukMitra Thank You for sharing this. There is lot of good information for Rajasthan #WorldChallenge!

Level 10

That is great!!!

Really enjoyed it a lot - both photos & narration are good.

The park looks awesome...

The Last picture is classic - I loved it a lot.

All the best...

Thanks for tagging me here, dear @FalguniP 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 8

Thank you @TsekoV. It is truly an amazing place to visit.

@NareshDarji I am glad that you enjoyed the virtual tour of Sajjangarh Biological Park.

अगली सफ़ारी साथ में करेंगे😉