him31anshu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Walking - Exploring - Leaving Footprints - Helping Others

Hello world, 

This is Himanshu from India. I walk, explore, leave footprints on Google Maps/timeline, and help others

1. Walking is exploring

To begin with walking proofs: Google Fit :

2023 wrapped: 2743 km (1704 miles)

2024 Till April: 971 km (603 miles)

Screenshot_20240501-215711.png      Screenshot_20240501-215723.png 

Walking is my preferred mode of travel, and I can see more and experience the place rather than simply cover kilometres in a vehicle. Walking also gives an ease of entering any shop on the way, talking to the owner, and clicking photos of what is inside and outside view. 

2. Exploring is leaving footprints

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-09 at 7.43.49 PM.jpegThis is the footprint map of the Los Angeles, Long Beach, Santa Monica and Laguna Beach areas from Google Photos.

Below is the footprint map of the Long Beach area on Google Maps, reviews and photos - this USA trip not only goes into my memories but into the Google servers so that I can show it to others and keep a record in a physical format. 

Reviews: Almost every local guide writes reviews of a place, but one step further, I try to update things like if a wheelchair facility is available, how the parking is available, and if the place is gender-neutral or comfortable for the LGBTQ+ community. Such things are important to mention beforehand, along with the review of the place. 

him31anshu_2-1714582167293.png

him31anshu_3-1714583258137.png 

The picture here is another lane I was walking in the street of Bangalore and posting photographs as "updates."

The benefit of making it an update is - that it allows you to write a "caption", and I prefer writing something new or, most of the time, the "date and time" of the click. So people know what a place was like on this date and time. And for me as well, it is a memory that I was there on this date and time.

For example, this In-N-Out Burger was closed at 7 PM due to Easter. Usually, it opens till 12 AM.

By doing this, people travelling to this restaurant using GoogleMaps get this update - and I was there on 31st March 2024 at 7 PM!! 

Screenshot_20240501-224554.png

3. Leaving footprints is helping others

In my opinion, the outside view of a shop is really important as it helps a newcomer in that area and those photos always get a higher number of views than the one from inside. 

him31anshu_0-1714581594102.png him31anshu_1-1714581666134.png

In restaurants, the food picture is equally important as the picture of the restaurants from outside. It helps people identify how it looks and where it is located! 

Pro Tip: Post a picture of a "Gas Station" !! This is something high in demand. 

4. Helping others is making this world MORE beautiful

As Anne Frank said, no one has ever become poor by giving; I truly believe in this. We all local guides aren't doing this because of any expectations, but this is something we do like; this is something inside us. Helping others directly-indirectly makes me feel happy and that is how I contribute to this small world through the Google Maps.

Thank you, Google for this, humbled! 

him31anshu_4-1714584587610.png

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
3 comments
Level 8

Re: Walking - Exploring - Leaving Footprints - Helping Others

@him31anshu você realmente me inspirou. Assim que comecei a ler sua postagem imediatamente baixei o app Google Fit que não conhecia. 

Parabéns pelo seu pin, é uma grande conquista.

Minhas saudações de felicidade e paz.

Level 8

Re: Walking - Exploring - Leaving Footprints - Helping Others

@him31anshu interesante desconocia lo de la app lo voy a tener en cuenta. Felicitaciones por el pin

Level 9

Betreff: Walking - Exploring - Leaving Footprints - Helping Others

@him31anshu 

Eine sehr gute Darstellung, ich bevorzuge es auch zu gehen, so sieht man die interessanten Stationen am besten und kann sie mit dem Smartphone festhalten.