AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

Romantic spots loved by Local Guides

Caption: A photo of the Robert Indiana's iconic "LOVE" statue, a large red statue of the letters L and O stacked on top of a V and E on a silver metal base, in Love Park in Philadelphia. (Local Guide chandra shekar)Caption: A photo of the Robert Indiana's iconic "LOVE" statue, a large red statue of the letters L and O stacked on top of a V and E on a silver metal base, in Love Park in Philadelphia. (Local Guide chandra shekar)

Whether you’re a part of a couple or just in love with love stories, celebrate Valentine's Day (it’s today!) with this global tour of places linked with love recommended by your fellow Local Guides over on Google Earth Voyager.

See the full list here and get a sneak peek below!

1. Juliet’s House (Verona, Italy)

Though Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet is fiction, that doesn't stop the many romantics who travel to fair Verona to see this 14th-century gothic building. Some say the stone balcony inspired Shakespeare, and tourists have taken to leaving love letters beneath the balcony and rubbing the Juliet statue in the courtyard for good luck.

Caption: A photo of the brick and stone building known as Juliet’s House in Verona, Italy, showing the balcony some say inspired Shakespeare's “Romeo and Juliet” as well as the bronze Juliet statue in the courtyard below. (Local Guide Amanda)Caption: A photo of the brick and stone building known as Juliet’s House in Verona, Italy, showing the balcony some say inspired Shakespeare's “Romeo and Juliet” as well as the bronze Juliet statue in the courtyard below. (Local Guide Amanda)

Local Guides say:

“Visiting Juliet's house is not to be missed if you're in Verona. It is a balcony that faces a small, lovely courtyard filled every day with admirers, love notes and graffiti. The atmosphere is warm with good energy. In addition, the neighborhood is filled with interesting shops and cafes. A great place to wander.” —Sandy Carroll

2. Wall of Love (Paris, France)

Located in Jehan-Rictus square in Montmartre, Paris, this 430-square-foot mural is made up of 612 tiles with "I love you" written on them in many different languages.

Caption: A photo of the Wall of Love in Paris, a mural made up of 612 tiles blue tiles with “I love you” written on them in many different languages in white paint, surrounded by trees and green plants. (Local Guide S N)Caption: A photo of the Wall of Love in Paris, a mural made up of 612 tiles blue tiles with “I love you” written on them in many different languages in white paint, surrounded by trees and green plants. (Local Guide S N)

Local Guides say:

“Cool little attraction in a great neighborhood. something different romantic and free...wall is in a small park displays I love you in approximately 300 languages...fun to look at for hours.” —Elodie MARTIN

3. Lennon Wall (Prague, Czechia)

Following the assassination of John Lennon in 1980, an unknown artist painted the singer and some of his lyrics on this wall. Because the wall is owned by the Military Order of Malta, the artwork and subsequently added Beatles-inspired graffiti were protected from the country's communist regime, much to the irritation of the government. The wall has endured as a symbol of hope for peace and love around the world.

Caption: A photo of the Lennon Wall in Prague, an outdoor wall covered in colorful spray painted graffiti in honor of the Beatles’ John Lennon. (Local Guide George Charleston)Caption: A photo of the Lennon Wall in Prague, an outdoor wall covered in colorful spray painted graffiti in honor of the Beatles’ John Lennon. (Local Guide George Charleston)

Local Guides say:

“The ever changing Lennon wall, inspired by the death of John Lennon, is a global symbol for love and peace. In the 1980's it served as a place where individuals would risk prison time just to voice rebellion against the communist regime. Today... tourists can contribute to this work of art and paint on it themselves.” —Joceline Lopez

Explore more spots that are linked with love on Google Earth Voyager.

What romantic spots would you add to this list? Tell us in the comments below!

18 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Romantic spots loved by Local Guides

Thank you for sharing these, @AriMar! They are definitely all beautiful places.

I would add the Bonifacious Bridge of Bruges, Belgium to the list. It's also called Lovers Bridge. I was fortunate enough to visit it last year, and we were told that if you kiss your partner when you're on it you will come back the following year as a couple again, so everyone quickly kissed their partner as they crossed it. There are apparently similar beliefs about it and the area is beautiful too, very romantic.

Here's a 360° photo I took when I crossed it, featuring a kissing couple with blurred faces

Level 9

Wonderful post, thank you for sharing with us @AriMar 

Level 9

Level 8

Road of Love, Cinque Terre, Italy

1c4c44c

Former Google Contributor

Viite: Romantic spots loved by Local Guides

Thanks @AriMar for this post! 

I've only been to Paris one, but I really want to visit Philly. All of these places are so beautiful. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Hey @AriMar ,

I wanted to share a romantic spot here in Sofia called by local people the Lovers Bridge. It is in the city centre and young couples tend to make selfies there because the view is very nice, especially at night when the lights of the surrounding buildings are turned on.

When I visited Paris a few years back, I was impressed from the amount of love locks placed on the side railing of Pont des Arts which crosses the River Seine. From what I remember tourists write or engrave their first names on them and after attaching the lock, they through the key in the river as a romantic gesture.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Lovable post @AriMar nice locations thank you for sharing with us.. 

Level 6

Hi @AriMar ,

Thanķ you for sharing the wonderful idea on Valentine's Day. I remember going to Busan Tower in Busan/South Korea and coming across a wall where couples were leaving love notes on the wall. Nearby a vendor sells beautiful stickers/floaters etc for the love notes and the sight is quite romantic. Sharing a photos of the notes since don't remain Much from time gone by. Hope it inspire more to share their lovely moments. Love notesLove notes

Manoj Kumar
Anonymous
Not applicable

This content has been removed.