StephenAbraham's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Ricoh Theta V - Street View video mode. How-to for new users

@Osaka78forTRUMP Yes ThetaV is pretty fast it will capture signs etc, but what it dose as its reording its taking single 360 photo spheres spontaneously so you can go back and check eack shot, here is a small area which ThetaV has captured on the Map this is how it looks at end of shooting in Video mode 

Here is the route in video mode with my ThetaV on Google Map

Google Photo album also sync's a copy in 360 video mode as well in Google Photos

Level 10

@DavidTito Thanks for sharing this. Were you holding the Theta V at an angle? The rotation axis is off verticle. Looks like there's possibly no stabilization with video mode.

Level 8

@StephenAbraham yes my camera was at end of my tripod pointed out the window on an angle getting it 90 degrees it would have to go on the roof the car is not set up for that, but stabilization does work, I don't know why it doesn't work here

let me show you some examples

Heres the video for it 

this one needs more editing 

Level 10

Thanks @DavidTito, that's a good example.

Looking forward to seeing how much 5K update can improve ThetaV detail for street signs, address numbers and shop names.

The quality of picture you shared in that example is great, much improved over many Street View car captured imagery we've seen.

Keep innovating David.

Kindest regards from Osaka78 👍

Level 7

Its really nice gadget but I do not have budget to purchase this. 

Regards,
Arvind Kumar
Level 9

Wow

Great to have you as our moderator who can guide us to what to be done and what not . 

The information shared was so useful 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Level 9

Good morning everyone. I tried to capture some video last week but unfortunately when I'm opening the streetview app the download from the Theta V via wifi doesn't seem to work. It just says 0% for up to 10 minutes so I have to cancel it.

Has anyone else run into this issue? I have maxed out the theta storage now but have plenty on my phone.

Cheers

Level 7

What is the procedure for iphone? I am using iphone 7plus.

Level 10

Good to see you getting into Street View @Johnvb. Have you watched Paul Pavlinovich blue paths tutorial on YouTube? It's the best step by step we've seen for ThetaV Street View. Hope you work it out why upload fails. Happy new year and kind regards from Osaka78 🙂

Level 8

Thank you very much, very informative.

One question: has the video resolution been upped form 4k?

Thanks