HelloSamsonR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Reviews On Google Maps Can Now Be Saved As Draft

Omg I saw this option on Google Maps while writing reviews since last week but it didn't work for me. While excitingly watching I/O 2018 live and hearing the new updates coming into Google Maps in the coming days:

News-Updates: Check-out-the-latest-news-from-Google-I-O I was super excited to explore the new features that would be coming on Google Maps. So the updates came and I updated my app on the Google Play store.

This time I said am gonna give it a try and it worked. I wrote first some few lines and checked back later after 10mins and I saw I could find my draft saved first without even posting the review to go live(public) on Google Maps. Then this time to fully confirm it, I wrote the review and didn't post. I actually waited for 21 hours. After 21 hours I came back and still found my review saved as a draft in detail as I wrote them.  Now this really worked, then I posted. 

This is a great feature introduce to Google Maps, sometimes you might be writing a well detailed review, a call can come in from your mobile phone or the app crash, this will make you go 😢. But with this draft option you can now be 😁 and secured spending time writing well detailed reviews on Google Maps. 

I have attached some photos to give you a glimpse how this works. + Some updates to Maps are really nice :-).

Screenshot_2018-05-13-23-07-10.png

Screenshot_2018-05-13-23-04-49.png

Lagos, Nigeria
16 comments
Level 9

Re: Reviews On Google Maps Can Now Be Saved As Draft

Updates on the way now 

Amazing , and nice catch @HelloSamsonR 🙂

Level 10

Yeah, I have seen some, I think Google Maps just got super interactive and better. I love the list part as well. Check this out. My food photo was used as the feature image on my list. It selects randomly your best photo from the list.Screenshot_2018-05-10-08-42-44.png

Level 10

@HelloSamsonR

Yes the new updates are as awesome as we needed, especially reviews,save as draft is just great and time saving,

Thanks for sharing

Level 10

@AkmalB wrote:

Yes the new updates are as awesome as we needed, especially reviews,save as draft is just great and time saving,

Thanks for sharing

This is one of the core reasons I like it. You are welcome.

Level 10

@HelloSamsonR

Cool insight .. I have a lot of phone calls that interrupt 😀

Thanks for sharing

Level 10

@DshottDennis wrote:

@HelloSamsonR

Cool insight .. I have a lot of phone calls that interrupt 😀

Thanks for sharing

You are welcome bro @DshottDennis. I can imagine those moments, am a business person and I go through this tough moments most times while writing reviews or adding photos. Thanks to this new updates problem solved 

Level 10

This means we can take as much as time we need to make a good review. If not having sufficient contentvto make long review then it can be saved in draft and then after visiting the place again the reviewing process can be continued. Thats awesome @HelloSamsonR. I am going to update mine. 😉

Level 10

Level 8

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

Omg I saw this option on Google Maps while writing reviews since last week but it didn't work for me. While excitingly watching I/O 2018 live and hearing the new updates coming into Google Maps in the coming days:

News-Updates: Check-out-the-latest-news-from-Google-I-O I was super excited to explore the new features that would be coming on Google Maps. So the updates came and I updated my app on the Google Play store.

This time I said am gonna give it a try and it worked. I wrote first some few lines and checked back later after 10mins and I saw I could find my draft saved first without even posting the review to go live(public) on Google Maps. Then this time to fully confirm it, I wrote the review and didn't post. I actually waited for 21 hours. After 21 hours I came back and still found my review saved as a draft in detail as I wrote them.  Now this really worked, then I posted. 

This is a great feature introduce to Google Maps, sometimes you might be writing a well detailed review, a call can come in from your mobile phone or the app crash, this will make you go 😢. But with this draft option you can now be 😁 and secured spending time writing well detailed reviews on Google Maps. 

I have attached some photos to give you a glimpse how this works. + Some updates to Maps are really nice :-).

Screenshot_2018-05-13-23-07-10.png

Screenshot_2018-05-13-23-04-49.png

That's great. Thank you for updating us.

Cheers bro.