Sagir's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[Recap] Independence Day Local Guides Connect.

PXL_20221001_085511881.jpg

 Directions of areas within the park.

It was 1st October and it's Independence Day anniversary for Nigeria.

I wanted to use this opportunity as a new Local Guide in Abuja to connect with other guides around and to map some places around the area.

I arrived the meeting point (Abuja central park) at exactly) 0812am local time.

I go round the park to familiarise myself with the area while waiting for others to arrive.

PXL_20221001_093921931.jpg

 Water fountain at the car park 

PXL_20221001_090757963.jpg

 Go kart Arena

PXL_20221001_093646261.jpg

 children play area

PXL_20221001_093751582.jpg

 Ambulance and pharmacy store

The park is very big with lots of places to carry out many activities for both kids and adults.

The restaurant section has outside sitting and indoor sitting. I didn't had chance to taste their food as they told me they start selling by 12pm.

PXL_20221001_093707227.jpg

 outside dinning area with floor chess board

The parking area is very spacious and it is wheelchair accessible.

I waited for 2 hours no one turn out to join even though 16 persons had RSVP 

While I'm about to go I received a call from @Zinta that she is coming.

PXL_20221001_102931511.jpg

 me and Zinta

We discuss and she asked me some questions on how to make good contribution. This is my first time meeting her physically.

She invited me to another meet up that was scheduled that same day in the evening by another local Guide. (This is a story of another day)

This is my first Abuja meet up.

Kindest Regards.

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

3 comments
Level 7

Re: [Recap] Independence Day Local Guides Connect.

Good job @Sagir. 😁😁😁😁 Normally  guides like engaging in aerobics and other hobbies Saturday morning that was why your meetup was affected. I attended an independence aerobics organised by my hike group and we stayed longer than I expected. I am glad i made it to the meetup regardless. I am glad i learned one or two tricks from you on good reviews which i have started implementing. Abuja is more than glad to have you join us, cheers to more and interesting meetups in the near future. 

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Zinta 

I'm use to Lagos life but I have learnt some lessons.

Going forward when putting new meet up I will consider another timing.

Thanks 

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 8

Hello @Sagir 

I also agree with @Zinta the time was pretty early for a Saturday morning where most guides use that time to exercise, run errands or for market runs that's I also missed the meetup too.

It was also very nice to meet you at the second meetup that day and finally, welcome to Abuja!