TravellerG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[RECAP & ♿] "Memories of Surat Mega Meet-up" hosted by @Tejal & Conducted by Surat LGs - TravellerG

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

#1, Caption: Cover Photo - a group photo captured outside Natangi.

Dear All,

This post is ‘My Memories of the Surat Mega Meet-up’ hosted by @Tejal  (RECAP) under the guidance of our Connect Moderator @NareshDarji (RECAP). To me, the day was organised and managed by youngster LGs @Mukund_hirpara_ @Rushabh_Sindhav @Vijay_Bhadani  @chiragvankar  @Het_patel and a few others; of course, Sr LGs like @Kinjalchhaya were also present.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me#2. Caption: (From top left:) Mukund, Rushabh, Vijay, (from bottom Left) Nikunj, Het, Keyur.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me#3, Caption: The host & Some prominent LGs: Naresh Darji, Ashish Desai, Kinjal Chhaya, Chirag Sali, Tejal Chhaya (host), Dr. Yeshoda, LG Rosy Kohli, Shrutika Majarerkar.

After the Mumbai Meetup on the 3rd of March, I reached Surat on the 6th morning; with extremely helpful support from LGs Rushab, Het, Mukund, Vijay_Bhandani and a couple of others, I could explore Surat almost fully.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me#4, Caption: The Locho from the Jalaram.

On the day of the meetup, I was picked up by our Het and reached the gathering point - Jalaram Tasty Locho & Rasawala Khaman (Review, Location - Locho was tasty; after our breakfast, we left for our first meetup point.

• Ramp available
  • 🅿️Available

#5, The Raw diamonds. (earlier caption was wrong - corrected by @Mukund_hirpara_ )

Roy Diamonds:

The demonstration at the diamond factory was very elaborate and informative; we even met the first-generation owner who started the business. We visited their polishing section also.

• Ramp & Lift not available 
  • 🅿️Available

#6, A group photo of Attendee LGs at Himanee Sarees

#7, Caption: The refreshment at Himanee.

The second was Himanee Fashions - (Review, Location)

Our visit was interesting; they did it in a family style of affectionate approach - felt very nice. We spent almost an hour during which they explained different aspects of fabrics; and at the end, we had some refreshments also.

• Lift available from parking
  • 🅿️Available 

#8, Another group photo at Natangi

The next was the Gajiwala Saree (Natangi) -(Review, Location).

This visit also was very informative - here it was more of a marketing style approach - still, it was good. Right from raw material to the finished product - concept, design to sample, automated stock management (& online barcoding), etc were well explained.

• Ramp & Lift not available 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me#9, Gujarati Thali at the start.

Then we rushed for lunch in Purohit Thali: (Review, Location).

Orthodox Gujarati Thali - unlimited food with different dishes and multi-layer serving! We all enjoyed the session.

• Ramp available from parking
  • 🅿️Available 

#10, Caption: A shot from the Surat Fort - there are hundreds of frames, here.

The last destination was Surat Caste: (Review, Location)

The renovated ‘Surat Castle’ was worth a destination to visit; though it was a rushy visit, it was very enjoyable.

• Ramp not available; different contours totally not accessible.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me#11, Caption: (Left) Our @KashifMisidia who joined us for a video call; (and right) @ModNomad - India's top scorer in Google Maps with the highest points, crossing 12,00,000! - Also our Mouth Organ Master & Poet.

The formal session ended with a poem recital from Deepak B. Modgekar who is also the author of the poem (View his Poem …) 

=========

After the formal session, we had a photoshoot and chatting session, which was very enjoyable; here are a few shots...

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me#12, Caption: A selfie, clicked by our CM Naresh Darji Ji. 

#13, Caption: Another group shot, during the meetup.

Hope al the friends will tag the untagged attendees, please.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

34 comments
Level 10

Re: [RECAP & ♿] "Memories of Surat Mega Meet-up" hosted by @Tejal & Conducted by S

Hello dear Attendees,

Hope you enjoyed the RECAP above; kindly give your feedback,

Regards,

@Shrut19 @RosyKohli @ashishdesai24 @nikunjpatel 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 8

Re: [RECAP & ♿] "Memories of Surat Mega Meet-up" hosted by @Tejal & Conducted by S

Nice photography Great sir it butiful meet-up in Surat

We are waiting for next meetup see you soon sir

Pranav Trivedi

Level 8

Wonderful recap of the surat meet-up. I wish I could join the meet-up. Very well organized by our youngsters Mukund,Rushabh, Nikunj,Het and others. 

Level 7

@TravellerG sir it was an unforgettable memories of our Mega Meet up... 😊

Happy to be part of it... 👍🙏

Connect Moderator

It's my dream to meet so many local guides together, and you guys did it.

I can just imagine how much fun was there when you all were together .

Not only my picture, but one day InshaAllah I will meet you all together in India, I hope soon 🙏

Thanks for inviting me to join such a great meetup @TravellerG 

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Connect Moderator

It was indeed a very memorable meetup and your presence was also very important. @TravellerG 

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recap post with us. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

@TravellerG 

Wow well explain in details as I was reading again all memories came as flash back. 

Really well planned and executed meet up. 

Beautiful photos. Thanks 🙏 for  clicking our beautiful photos. 

Level 10

@TravellerG Sir, You smashed that Surat Mega Meet-up report! It's like we hit the rewind button on an epic adventure – breakfast at Jalaram Khaman House was a taste explosion, and the diamond factory peek was like stepping into a glittering treasure trove! Huge shoutout for including accessibility details – you're a champion for everyone!

But the real gem of the meetup was sharing a room with you a night prior. Your wisdom, like a overflowing backpack full of travel knowledge, spilled over and inspired me to push further. You're a true leader, turning even my small wins into stepping stones for future conquests. Thanks a million, for putting me on the spotlight making me stand out of the crowd.👑

Happy to see India in millionaires club of Top100.  Are you next? See how to feature? 

Enjoy joyous moments of 7th Connect Birthday  Music, Masti-1, Masti-2 & Dosti 

Crucial facts you didn't know about  How Gudhi Padwa is celebrated in India? 

Come join fun quiz to enrich your maps knowledge. Here's how to participate

Do you wish to have a Hassle-Free trip to HAMPI Read the ViTAL TiPs

Photo crazy girls CSMT BMC InstaFoto | IceSpiceNice | Moody Melodiz |

Connect Moderator

Excellent recap @TravellerG 

Looks like you had a busy day with a crowd of local guides and loads of fun.

I hope you also remember the name of every attendee 😊