PritishB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[RECAP] ♿ Map Accessibility - Kolkata

gif compiled with some photos taken during the meetupgif compiled with some photos taken during the meetup

Hello Local Guides,

This is the RECAP post of Accessibility meetup named as Map Accessibility-Kolkata.

It will be really great if @TraciC shares her valuable comment about this first accessibility meetup in Kolkata, India, after watching this recap post.

This meetup was held at an educational institute (IISER Kolkata) to update the accessibility status of the Educational Institute. As we know, though there are accessibility features already present in the educational institutes, but due to lack of information (not available in website of the institute also), the specially-abled students does not know about it. And they lack of confidence to stay a normal life. So, the target of the meetup was to update all accessibility information and photos in Google maps.

The meetup started at 10 am. It was my pleasure to have a virtual presence (over video call) of accessibility champion @KashifMisidia from Pakistan ?? and @AnshukMitra from India ??. It was great to have @TPattanaik , @Tushar_Suradkar @Anil 6969 @AmbrishVarshney  @deepakjhic  and @NareshDarji(from my own country ??) and @MahabubMunna dada (from Bangladesh??). They attended the meetup through the video call. @SakiraTB joined the meetup from the institute. 

collage of screenshot taken during video call during the meetupcollage of screenshot taken during video call during the meetup

Selfie with wheelchair accessible sticker infront of a rampSelfie with wheelchair accessible sticker infront of a ramp

Lecture Hall Complex-

This is the place where all classes are held. The accessibility status is good for this place-

Backside entrance of LHCBackside entrance of LHC

Main entrance of LHCMain entrance of LHC

Administrative and academic complex-

This is the main place for all official works. The accessibility status is good for this location-

ramp available in main entranceramp available in main entrance

ramp available in side entranceramp available in side entrance

2b.jpg

Research Complex-

This is the main complex where leading scientific research is carried out by the students-

REsearch Complex entranceREsearch Complex entrance

8.jpg

Library entranceLibrary entrance

Hostel-

The Hostel is the second home for all the students. Accessibility status is good. All the entrances are not accessible, but specific entrance are there-

4h.jpg

4.jpg

4a.jpg

4b.jpg

4c.jpg

Ladies HostelLadies Hostel

Boys HostelBoys Hostel

Presence of Ramp lost it importance due to bad finishingPresence of Ramp lost it importance due to bad finishing

Car Parking Lot-

All the parking lots are accessible-

Car Parking lot near Academic buildingCar Parking lot near Academic building

Car Parking near Lecture Hall ComplexCar Parking near Lecture Hall Complex

Car Parking near Hostel and Guest HouseCar Parking near Hostel and Guest House

Medical Unit-

The medical unit has no accessible ramp. The authority is planning for it-

polymer.jpg

medical.jpg

Canteen Area-

This is the place for food for all the campus students. Accessibility status is good-

Main entranceMain entrance

washroomwashroom

side entranceside entrance

Bank and ATM-

All the ATMs and Bank inside the campus is wheelchair accessible-

IOB Bank branchIOB Bank branch

Indian Overseas Bank ATMIndian Overseas Bank ATM

SBI ATMSBI ATM

Auditorium-

This is the place for all types of the cultural program, conference and exhibition-Auditorium entranceAuditorium entrance

Campus School-

The school inside the campus is wheelchair accessible-

student entrance side of campus schoolstudent entrance side of campus school

Playground-

9.jpg

The meetup came to an end after taking the photographs and updating them in maps.

photos taken by LG @SakiraTBorah of mine during clicking pictures of the accessible placesphotos taken by LG @SakiraTBorah of mine during clicking pictures of the accessible places

Thank you @Tushar_Suradkar dada for the concept of Yes/No images of accessibility in the pictures. Thank you @ShafiulB for providing me the soft copy of accessibility stickers.

Here is the photo album link-https://photos.app.goo.gl/BVC46rCA8uofr7SY9

Here is the video link of the meetup-https://youtu.be/XhPtVIH65Rg 

Have a great day!

Kolkata, West Bengal, India
36 comments
Level 9

Re: [RECAP] ♿ Map Accessibility - Kolkata

Nice recap and you have done amazingly well @PritishB Dada. Keep this good work up to the community. Regards. 

Level 10

@PritishB well-written recap, Congratulations for successful meetup

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 8

Connect Moderator

Wonderful recap @PritishB 

The campus seems to be well compliant with the accessibility norms.

Level 9

Great Effort @PritishB 

I salute to your dedication and commitment due to lock down we all could not attend  as the distance could npt matter ,If you have commitment no one can stop you which you have already proven i thank all the college who was part of this mission in the live campus of IISR 

Regards

Anil Singh

Thanks and Regards

Connect Moderator

Great Step @PritishB,

I really appreciate your great initiative and really love what I saw online with you. Thank you so much for inviting me to join your meet-up virtually. And I truly inspired by your great job.

Shukriya 🙏

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Connect Moderator

In your recap post I'm seeing you have covered all areas of campus. Very well done meetup by you dear @PritishB 

Congratulations for your great meetup. Keep it up 👍

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Namaskar,

@PritishB 

How can I miss this great Meet up, if at evining time then posible to attend for me, but when I read your post I regret for miss this wonderful opportunity for a be part of your meetup..

any way wrightup is commendable yes its remind @Tushar_Suradkar Dadas Meetup..

Thanks for Sharing..

Level 10

@PritishB wow such a detailed post. Thanks for the virtual tour of your campus. My best wishes for you.